Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Unfortunately have to absolutely agree. Too often, developers score major points for "saving trees" like these ones only to have the trees suffer tremendous shock and die a couple years later. Does the city have any rules regarding planting a number of trees for every tree cut down? Or a fine or fee to pay into some kind of tree-planting fund?

They should have to replace the trees in some way (another location obviously).

Tree canopy is important for a livable city.

What a bunch of pansies. They coulda played me a couple hundred bucks and I would dropped those trees on a dime.

.... very excited about this project, I hope its steel but I'm sure it won't be

No. They really do suck. For example, you should see what a weeping willow does with a high water table.

Don't developers have to replace trees they fell with an equivalent quantity of trees somewhere in the city?

They should have to replace the trees in some way (another location obviously).

Tree canopy is important for a livable city.

Jeff -- where are you from? its obvious that either your are not from here or if you are -- you are not very observant

If you leave a patch of land around here vacant and unmowed --- in a dozen years you have the makings of a forest -- two dozen years you have a forest

Take a ride out to Concord on RT-2 and come back along RT-2A (aka the Minuteman Historical Park[way]) --all of those majestic stands of trees were open fields in the 18, 19th and early 20th Century

Now letting nature do it might not generate Under der Linden -- you might want to be selective in the planting -- but I don't think we need replace every tree that we fell with another

From Carpenter's proposal for a Four Seasons Hotel/ Condo project in New Orleans dated November 14, 2014:

At more than 700-feet in height, the Four Seasons at One Dalton will be the third tallest building in Boston, and the City’s tallest residential building. Carpenter is working closely with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts on its One Dalton Project. Four Seasons will manage the hotel and residences at One Dalton, both of which will bear the Four Seasons name. Carpenter plans a similar management and branding arrangement with Four Seasons for the hotel and apartments at the Four Seasons New Orleans. Carpenter plans to start construction on the Four Seasons at One Dalton by the end of this year.

"More than 700 feet"... Do we have an official number yet?

By the way there are some new renders on this document. If any of you are less lazy than I am, do the rest of the forum a favor. :) Page 96 looks pretty cool. (or 90 of the pdf, however you look at pages)

Last edited:
MsGY3S9.png

UND6J02.png

9Xvkls0.png

Ugh, they should have moved those beautiful mature trees. I'm frustrated but I'm not in the least surprised.

Transplanting (and providing a warranty) for trees that mature is probably a $25K - $50K endeavor (each). Just plant 50-100 young trees elsewhere in the city and we're all better off.

If you look at the render there will be multiple new trees around this building.

I don't really like the silver at the base but the rest of the tower looks great.

I assume that the garage portal for CSC will still be directly adjacent to the site? Kind of a shame. Could it be decked at all?

I assume that the garage portal for CSC will still be directly adjacent to the site? Kind of a shame. Could it be decked at all?

No, if you look at the ground floor plans that ramp is going away. The garage\hotel will share an entrance built into the tower

The base has always left me uneasy. I don't know what their intent was, but it doesn't work. It would be best just to let the glass tower meet the ground instead of truncating at this slightly larger podium with a different facade language. It seems like it's almost trying to be contextual to the CSC colonnade building next door with those strong horizontal window bands punched into a solid mass, but it just ends up as awkward.

Last edited:
Not that I'm complaining or nuthin', but should this building have a 200ft spire?

Not that I'm complaining or nuthin', but should this building have a 200ft spire?

If anything ever does get built that's taller than the Hancock, I prefer it passes it legitimately. It should be an actual taller building, not a shorter building with a big worthless stick on top.

Back