Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I'm constantly blown away by how small of a footprint this tower is going on. It's wild.

This aerial view with people in it really gives a sense of scale.

I've been thinking this for a while too. For the non penthouse levels, how many units do you suspect they'll be able to fit on each floor? 3? 4?

Some folks like pitchers duels, some like the long ball.
Or to be season appropriate. Some people like spreading 4 wide and empty backfields, and some like the power I and 5-2 defenses.

Part of the fun of this sport. The final product of MT will be head and shoulders above this in all But height. This one can be more flashy due to its visibility and views from far and near and multiple directions. A lot of MT will be obstructed from many directions and only when above a certain level will it become visible. Thankfully with the new found height of it, it will break the plateau much more than originally thought.

So for another sport analogy. Dalton is a 500 foot (yeah 700) moonshot that draws ooohs and aaahhhss. But, MT is 310 wrapped around pesky pole. They're both home runs, but Dalton had no one on base, and MT is the quintessential 3 run dingah.

Ok. Westy mode off.

I like that you compared it to sports. I always say that the Millennium Tower is the equivalent of the Patriots beating the Rams, ending years of frustration and also opening the floodgates for more trophies. (trophy towers in this case) I'm not sure what CSC would be in that analogy. Pats over Panthers? I feel like the "Red Sox 04" equivalent in particular would have to be either a new tallest, or a near tallest, probably either at the Winthrop Square site or maybe Back Bay parking garage.

I would like to mention that, given the incredible quality of the glass in particular, MT deserves better than just a 310' wrapped around the pole! I'd say it's more of a green monster clearing ball. If 1 Dalton's glass is on par with MT, I'll give you that 500' moonshot.

Wow, givendors that it is only 38-40 stories, that is amazing. I don't think many buildings that size in NY or Chicago have even sold for that amount.

The going rate seems to be less than half that for similar sized towers.
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/real...to-pay-109-million-for-west-loop-office-tower
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/articl...1/china-takes-gold-in-ny-office-building-buys

New York has had plenty of $1 billion sales, but that's for much bigger towers. It does seem grossly over valued.

^ Yeah, the big silver One Chase Manhattan Plaza in Lower Manhattan just sold for $725 million and that thing is 2.2 million square feet and in freaking downtown NYC. Granted the office market is soft down there but still, that's well over twice the building for less dinars.

Wow, givendors that it is only 38-40 stories, that is amazing. I don't think many buildings that size in NY or Chicago have even sold for that amount.

Exactly...that's about $800 psf which is a big number no matter what your location is. I'm guessing WilmerHale's long term lease (good thru 2030) is a big factor behind this. Did Blackstone ever update the lobby like they said they would?

I like that you compared it to sports. I always say that the Millennium Tower is the equivalent of the Patriots beating the Rams, ending years of frustration and also opening the floodgates for more trophies. (trophy towers in this case) I'm not sure what CSC would be in that analogy. Pats over Panthers? I feel like the "Red Sox 04" equivalent in particular would have to be either a new tallest, or a near tallest, probably either at the Winthrop Square site or maybe Back Bay parking garage.

I would like to mention that, given the incredible quality of the glass in particular, MT deserves better than just a 310' wrapped around the pole! I'd say it's more of a green monster clearing ball. If 1 Dalton's glass is on par with MT, I'll give you that 500' moonshot.
Heh I almost went monster clearer. Would he a fly out in every other park, but the pole wrapper is typically not really even worth a home run. I defer to you.... But I get the ball in the second half.

Heh I almost went monster clearer. Would he a fly out in every other park, but the pole wrapper is typically not really even worth a home run. I defer to you.... But I get the ball in the second half.

It was a pole wrapper at 625', when it barely cleared the rest of the plateau. Once they came back with 685', it was a DINGAH!

From what I understand, 699' is the height based on stories. Is there an official overall height established yet (based on rooftop mechanicals)?

Type --- this is the one that really grabs the brass ring
1 Memorial Drive in Cambridge for $405 million

that one is barely 20 stories albeit situated at an iconic vantage point on the Charles [has to be the tallest building actually on the river bank] and that Microsoft is a major tenant

However -- it really tells you how much those MIT parking lots along the side streets in Kendall are potentially worth

Some folks like pitchers duels, some like the long ball.
Or to be season appropriate. Some people like spreading 4 wide and empty backfields, and some like the power I and 5-2 defenses.

Part of the fun of this sport. The final product of MT will be head and shoulders above this in all But height. This one can be more flashy due to its visibility and views from far and near and multiple directions. A lot of MT will be obstructed from many directions and only when above a certain level will it become visible. Thankfully with the new found height of it, it will break the plateau much more than originally thought.

So for another sport analogy. Dalton is a 500 foot (yeah 700) moonshot that draws ooohs and aaahhhss. But, MT is 310 wrapped around pesky pole. They're both home runs, but Dalton had no one on base, and MT is the quintessential 3 run dingah.

Ok. Westy mode off.

Seamus -- leave it on -- I like it ;)

PS: just suppose you are the pooah sucka sitting in the bleachas and out of the cleah blue sky comes the shot by Teddy Ballgame that lands a-top yah head -- do yah feel elated at the Red Seat in the futah -- or is ya head soah

Switching partly off "Westy Mode" -- are we seeing a bubble in Boston Real Estate similar to what happened in Tokyo during the "Japan that can say No" era when the the land value of the Imperial Palace was comparable to that of the State of California

Just musing? ;)

By the looks of that, I'd say indeed.
The rest of us are more than ready already.

As much as I think Filene's is a much more important project for the city, this one will be much more exciting to watch go up.

Pushing height again finally, extending the Back Bay skyline, showing that major projects can get outside financing in Boston in no time these days.

Major league project for us.

From Curbed Boston... (http://boston.curbed.com/archives/2...g-in-nearly-40-years-to-break-ground.php#more)

Cambridge-based developer Carpenter & Company will formally break ground on the 61-story spire on Wednesday at 6PM. Also in attendance will be execs from the Four Seasons as the tower shall officially be known as the Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences One Dalton Street, with both the 211 hotel rooms and 180 condos inside eligible for the same hospitality services. This means that Boston joins a small fraternity of cities with two Four Seasons-branded buildings: London, Shanghai, Singapore, Los Angeles, Chicago, Istanbul and some burg called New York.

From Curbed Boston... (http://boston.curbed.com/archives/2...g-in-nearly-40-years-to-break-ground.php#more)

Cambridge-based developer Carpenter & Company will formally break ground on the 61-story spire on Wednesday at 6PM. Also in attendance will be execs from the Four Seasons as the tower shall officially be known as the Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences One Dalton Street, with both the 211 hotel rooms and 180 condos inside eligible for the same hospitality services. This means that Boston joins a small fraternity of cities with two Four Seasons-branded buildings: London, Shanghai, Singapore, Los Angeles, Chicago, Istanbul and some burg called New York.

Two of the Dual-Four Seasons Cities are also Olympic Cities -- soon to be a third?

@ 700+ ft above the street to its top of the top -- even with the Pru's Top Hat -- "Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences One Dalton Street" may have the most dramatic impact of all of the new towers from the iconic Cambridge photo-site venues of the Bridge and MIT

Sexy motherfucker.

Data, you were talking about the copley project almost like you were in the know, is that still on track? Its been pretty quiet for a while now

I always enjoy the comment sections on these articles:

SpotPonc01/14/15 07:22 AM
And away goes the 360 degree of the city and surrounding communities. The incredible views from the Sky Walk on top of the Pru will be impacted by the taller building. All so that rich people can add another residence to their housing inventory. And the only ones from the shrinking middle class who will ever set a foot inside the new tower will be the maids. Sorry, but I have seen enough of the luxury housing being built all over Boston.

Perspective. Does that render also make you believe that CSC's dome to the left is higher than the Pru?

I think he's saying that the perspective is forced to make it seem taller than it is. It would never look like that in real life.

I think he's saying that the perspective is forced to make it seem taller than it is. It would never look like that in real life.

Why not? Buildings in front appear taller than those behind them, particularly from up close. From that perspective, it might look exactly like that render.

Back