Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I'm pretty convinced at least a handful of our posters are on drugs sometimes when they post here.

Let's try to extend some charity to our fellow posters who are commenting in good faith. You don't really know who's on the other side of the screen, and I bet it's more diverse in many ways than you might think. As I saw Statler explain elsewhere, consider that there's a broad spectrum of people who post here.

WTF is this crap?!! WSJ frigging won't let people finish reading the article unless they sign up for their lousy newspaper first!! :mad:

WTF is this crap?!! WSJ frigging won't let people finish reading the article unless they sign up for their lousy newspaper first!! :mad:
Well cookies aside, someone put in the effort into writing the article. You shouldn't expect to read it for free.

Welcome to 5 or 6 years ago?

Also, fuck this bullshit

“There is a finite market in a city like Boston for that many true penthouses. We need to appeal to as wide a range as possible,” said Richard Friedman, the developer of One Dalton.

Penthouse means top floor.

Period.

These imbeciles call 10 floors of apartments "penthouses" and then turn around and act like theres a glut of them? Fuck off.

I just read the article, he looks giddy as a child standing in front of his gigantic curved glass walls (I would be too).

$20M for the 5,300 sq ft unit. The place looks absolutely enormous from the second picture, showing how much of the floor he has and how high the ceilings are.

Pretty cool to be looking down at most of the city's skyline.

Welcome to 5 or 6 years ago?
Also, fuck this bullshit.
Penthouse means top floor.
Period.
These imbeciles call 10 floors of apartments "penthouses" and then turn around and act like there's a glut of them? Fuck off.

This!

Eff the WSJ fake penthouse news!!

(Notwithstanding) their vexing news stories concerning the origins.......

Why all the hatred for a simple marketing strategy that brands a few extra floors as PH's because they have additional features over the rest of the building? If you want the top floor, pay for it, if you think second or third from the top is better value, go for it. It's marketing, that's all.

I am with you. My building has 3 penthouse levels. I think it is a good marketing tool. Higher ceilings, better kitchens, etc. I think the prices are a little nutty for an extra foot or two of ceiling height and nicer appliances, but some people think it is worth it.
The actual top occupied floor in my building is a private club for residents, so no one actually lives on the "top" floor.

However, having 3-4 penthouse levels on a 15-20 floor building is stretching it too far, IMO.

Why all the hatred for a simple marketing strategy that brands a few extra floors as PH's because they have additional features over the rest of the building? If you want the top floor, pay for it, if you think second or third from the top is better value, go for it. It's marketing, that's all.

I don't know. I kind of like it when words have actual meanings and can be used to clearly and accurately describe a concept or idea.

But hey, as long as we get some good marketing out of it.

because they have additional features over the rest of the building

Maybe go with "luxury" for this? No wait, we've already marketed the meaning out of that word.

Good marketing is often bad everything else.

Traditional Boston Real Estate Row House Marketing Strategy (nothing new here):

Upper Penthouse
Middle Penthouse
Lower Penthouse
Parlor Level
Garden Level

I don't know. I kind of like it when words have actual meanings and can be used to clearly and accurately describe a concept or idea.

But hey, as long as we get some good marketing out of it.

While I agree the 'hallmarking' of society sucks and there is technically only one penthouse floor, I just don't get the effing and blinding about it.

this maybe should go somewhere in the general discussion area, but since most of em are from 1 dalton, i figure i'll put this here. pretty cool perspectives which i'd never have seen otherwise.

Back