Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

From last night - no more plywood!

View attachment 6665

Woooo!!

Its silly how much people fretted over these couple windows

Haha I think it brings back deep cross-generational scars from the hancock debacle. Most of us werent alive or old enough to see it happen, but its still baked into the conscience of residents here as we all have heard about it all our lives.

Its silly how much people fretted over these couple windows
is it "silly"? sure, i suppose. caring deeply about football teams, bands, 'game of thrones', haute cuisine, fashion -- all, from some perspectives, are "silly" expenditures of time, energy, and thought. personally i think it's silly to troll and judge folks online, but hey - everyone needs a hobby.

When you need to go through 4 different countries to deliver 1 piece of glass, there is more opportunity for a holdup. My guess is there were somehow some damaged panes, so they needed an additional special order (no longer utilizing economies of scale) to deliver the final pieces. the more vendors involved, the higher the likelihood that one of them would hold up this process.

This is probably the highest quality cladding in the entire city. It needed to be done correctly, and it was. Now that I have finally seen the tower in its full glory, it's water under the bridge for me. The building is absolutely stunning!

PS got some nice close-up pics to come...

So is our next bet to see how long the tape on those windows lasts?

It's really quite a beautiful structure now with the plywood gone.
Sort of a shame how dead the area around the base is normally, but maybe clearing out the construction will help.

20200823_003102.jpg

Back