Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Some drive by photos of what’s happening today street-side. Pt. 1.
15D92663-5949-4533-BE76-ECDEFE16B902.jpeg
C726A982-3491-470C-B380-78C795DB2CF0.jpeg
140138DB-E987-498E-BECF-65BE29AFE617.jpeg
F8FDA02C-4B1F-4AAB-A2E2-48AAEAC421F1.jpeg

Isn't it kind of a weird time to be installing trees? At this point, would it have been better to delay until spring?

Deciduous plants and trees are best planted in the fall. (Evergreens in the spring).

To build off that (because this is a discussion I can actually contribute to), the reason fall is better is because the tree is entering dormancy, and less stressful than a spring planting where the tree is putting most of its energy into new top growth. In the fall, soil temperatures are still warm enough to promote root growth, and there is more precipitation and less evapotranspiration. The root development is really key for preparing it for the coming growing season, where there will be less precip and more evapotranspiration. I would imagine it to be even more important in an urban environment.

from nearly every angle, dalton looks taller than the pru to me -- and i've lurked around that area a lot and viewed from the south, west, north, and harbor quite a bit. between anecdotal observation and the official FAA height filings prior to construction (and plenty of other CLEARLY false "official heights" of highrises in boston) i'm absolutely not sold that this thing isn't a tiny bit taller than the pru. i get that it doesn't matter, but just sayin.

from nearly every angle, dalton looks taller than the pru to me -- and i've lurked around that area a lot and viewed from the south, west, north, and harbor quite a bit. between anecdotal observation and the official FAA height filings prior to construction (and plenty of other CLEARLY false "official heights" of highrises in boston) i'm absolutely not sold that this thing isn't a tiny bit taller than the pru. i get that it doesn't matter, but just sayin.
I've shared these photos before but any opportunity I get to why not, I went to the top occupiable floor during construction and it feels right on level with the top floor of Prudential. One Dalton has a larger section of mechanical above it's top floor than Prudential does though.

20181204_155655.jpg
20181204_160050.jpg

^^^My million dollar question about the Pru's height is related to that black mech box under the antenna. Is that counted as part of the 750', or isn't it? If not, I believe it should be, based on the rules for "official heights" of buildings. I feel like 1 Dalton goes above that gray part, but ends up just below the top of that mech box.

Back