Future Skylines/Developments of the US

We should probably connect Eastie to Seaport with a suspension bridge with bike paths

I think one vanderbilt is going to look great at night. I like how its a modern glass take on the old spire towers of nyc. You dont see many like this where it tapers back as it gets taller and then has a modern take on the ESB spire that I think looks great. Since the roof is higher I bet people will confuse this with the ESB at night if they cannot see it.

VISUALHOUSE_20__20NEW_20YORK_202030_20LG.0.jpg

Tower Verre is such an extreme disappointment in that picture. It's one of those things I will never stop being pissed about.

On a brighter note, I'll be taking in the view tomorrow from multiple points on the NJ side of the Hudson!!!

Tower Verre is such an extreme disappointment in that picture. It's one of those things I will never stop being pissed about.

On a brighter note, I'll be taking in the view tomorrow from multiple points on the NJ side of the Hudson!!!

Its now changed to where its going to have gold, silver, n black peaks. Kind of interesting. I agree though if there ever was a tower to not knock 200' off of that was the one. Incredible building. Im just happy that its being built at all though and although shorter it still will be noticeable and an incredible addition to the skyline.

52zl5go2pvdwcnvt.jpg

Downtown will have a lot of things going on in the near future:

Seaport Building:

2015_11_23_10_51_12_buzzbuzzhome_one_seaport_rendering.jpg

1-Seaport-Skyline.jpg

Future skyline with massing models:

downtown-2.jpg

new-york-visualisation-skyline-2020-skyscrapers_dezeen_936_0.jpg

Wide View looking towards the harbor, Jersey City and Brooklyn with supertalls:

CityRealty-new-york-manhattan-skyline-2020-future-projects-designboom-1800.jpg

From across the Hudson:

Tower Verre multi colored crown:

1200x1202.jpg

I found this picture of Salesforce tower. It has gaps between the glass sides of the crown vs indents in the glass creating slits and I think it looks much better. Its honestly pretty underwhelming as it is and its just a copy of IFC in Hong Kong and the Goldman Sachs tower in Jersey city. It looks like a pickle in SF. I think this looks better.

0617-f-sft-2.jpg

vs

San-Francisco-Skyline-Rendering-2017-West.jpg

Salesforce, the Goldman Sachs tower in Jersey City, and the IFC in Hong Kong are all essentially copies of the same design. iGoldman Sachs is the tallest right now in Jersey City but luckily its being replaced by a near supertall and its already u/c.

99-hudson-renderingjpg-e4ccf35343930268.jpg

Salesforce looks better at night though

Salesforce-Tower-Crown-Installation-1.jpg

They added some weird art thing to the crown temporarily I guess kind of like when the Hancock had that magic carpet sticker on it.

07___5SbVzWS.0.jpg

Last edited:
Parking garages can be done right sometimes. This new one in New Orleans for example:

Should have built this instead of the seaport transportation hub imo. Actually the fact that it is a garage allows it to have these really nice walls. The arch and black glass retail is a really nice touch. People still drive and always will so I think finding ways to make the garages an additive part of the architectural fabric is important. This actually adds to the neighborhood that its in.
TH042016_EDR_Park_P0867.jpg

Six fifty 17, Denver, 81 floors 1000ft. Glad to see some of the 2nd, 3rd tier cities getting some love too. After OKC got Devon energy it was a great catalyst for iconic single towers looming over smaller skylines.

650-17th-street-denver-renderings-010.jpg

650-17th-street-denver-renderings-013.jpg

650-17th-St_Rendering-52217.jpg

latest

bz28tower1.jpg

650-17th-street-denver-renderings-012.jpg

Devon Energy tower in Okc has a new friend.

okc0.jpg

1359-1-400.jpg

r960-f8c57759f284927afd243ebd08153ae6.jpg

videoblocks-oklahoma-city-downtown-at-night-drone-flyover_bwfq6lnng_thumbnail-full01.png

ffa536de-274d-4c61-a8f0-5e2bc618592b-large16x9_OKC.JPG

oJfTCmG.jpg

r960-e7daaf97324760a37a6daa511bfa7c3c.jpg

Definitely adds a nice balance with more glass and giving Devon tower a more central position now vs on the outside corner of the skyline. Devon Energy tower is already punching 50 weights above its class that building is stunning especially for a tiny lil city like Okc. Nice to see how it spurred more growth.

Theres 3 more “new deco” type towers going up next to this as well of the same height so that should look great too. Definitely happy for them I think Devon tower is like 850 feet and incredible lighting at night too.

mf-ELEV-OGE-2-ctsy--300x160.jpg

Clayco_Reno-Hudson-Site_-10-07-14.jpg

82fc3c26-34e9-4671-80f2-e5d99e4ae545.jpg

r960-f6de3e470bacab83fe173c3e7403e122.jpg

r960-bc52d78c1f6251c455b01d41493ce9f5.jpg

Last edited:
Seattle doing their own big dig sinking the 99 viaduct that cuts off their waterfront from the city and making Alaskan way their own greenway. Good for them I absolutely love Seattle. Opens early 19’.

2443ae50-ab9c-11e6-a4d1-710a6c632f01-780x503.jpg

seattle_waterfront_bertha.jpg

03232018_viaduct_114435-780x512.jpg

Viaduct1.jpg

Viaduct_replacement.jpg

153210279-2013-0626-Street-Transit-Update-Presentation-FINAL-Web-2.jpg

WFS_AXON_UNIVERSITY-STREET-INTERSECTION_web.jpg

highway-99-tunnel-W-780x1378.jpg

28fb7a548ca49fefbba602959061d98c.jpg

The-mighty-17.5m-or-58ft-diameter-tunnel-will-replace-the-double-decked.jpg

They didn't have to. Traffic would have been fine without a tunnel and just a boulevard.

Every time I visit Seattle I fall more in love with it. If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to move across the country I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Every time I visit Seattle I fall more in love with it. If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to move across the country I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Funny, I've been having the exact opposite reaction. When I'd visited 15 and 10 years ago, I loved it. When I've been back there within the past couple of years, I'm growing to dislike it more and more. Seaport-like corporate-boring architecture multiplied across multiple dozens of buildings, incredible traffic, poor public transit (though this is obviously under construction and improving), overpriced hipster food, astronomical gentrification and housing prices. Their best architecture, IMO, is the older stuff (with a few exceptions). The entire area around the Amazon HQ looks like it came out of a 3D printer that machine-learned what the 50th-percentile 25-year-old-brogrammer seeks in a neighborhood.

But, hey, Amazon gives out free bananas to the 'community'. They're really giving back to the city.

I agree 100%. I was lucky enough to live there for about 6 months for my school back in the Marines and I absolutely loved it. It kind of felt like if Boston had been built in Maine in a way. The dreary weather Im sure can get old but they also dont get pounded with snow the way we do. It blew my mind though how we have Humpback whales and they have friggin killer whales, thats about as badass as it gets. Also the old growth trees as wide as a house and the volcano off in the distance over the tree tops is jaw droppingly beautiful.

Going back to the tunnel thinking about it it must save an enormous amount of money to stack the lanes in a single tunnel the way they are vs bore two. Im not sure if the tbm’s or material strength werent as big or advanced before but this is much better. They only have to bore 1 tunnel here which must save like half the money. Id imagine this will definitely be used probably exclusively from here on out when possible. The machine will definitely have to be bigger but theres really not many negatives I can think of vs a whole lot of positives. Theres even potential to fit transit in there if the lanes were moved up more within the bore because the curve at the bottom doesnt matter for trains when you dont need a wide flat area for a road, just two thin raised concrete parts to put the rails on. Also they can use the upper/lower model for subway tunnels too. I think this is great.

The-mighty-17.5m-or-58ft-diameter-tunnel-will-replace-the-double-decked.jpg

Last edited:

Back