General MBTA Topics (Multi Modal, Budget, MassDOT)

HenryAlan

Reaction score
Probably not. Even if you make it free there's still a significant portion of people that will never take it and won't see the value in forcing them to pay for something other people use.
And all the while, those same people happily drive on tax payer subsidized roads without even bothering to acknowledge the benefit.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
I don't even know what stations have them & which ones don't, since I always make sure that I use the bathroom before leaving home. But I think that it's high time that restrooms are being put in stations now!! After all, people DO have to go. It's part of nature. I just remembered that there is one at Ailwife Station, & it's before you pay to enter through the turnstyles.

The only problem is that homeless & drunk folks may go in there for sleeping quarters & may not come out for a while. How is that aleviated? Can't put servelence cameras in there. It would become an invation of privacy, which would then constitute lawsuits. :unsure:

Last edited:

jass

Reaction score
I don't even know what stations have them & which ones don't, since I always make sure that I use the bathroom before leaving home. But I think that it's high time that restrooms are being put in stations now!! After all, people DO have to go. It's part of nature. I just remembered that there is one at Ailwife Station, & it's before you pay to enter through the turnstyles.

The only problem is that homeless & drunk folks may go in there for sleeping quarters & may not come out for a while. How is that aleviated? Can't put servelence cameras in there. It would become an invation of privacy, which would then constitute lawsuits. :unsure:
Ive used the Alewife one a few times and it was perfectly fine. Its especially important at rail terminus because for many folks thats just the middle of the trip. You might have spent 30 minutes on the train and about to spend 30 minutes on a bus.

Harvard has one, but you need to track down an employee and convince them to unlock the door. From my recollection its a single.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
Ive used the Alewife one a few times and it was perfectly fine. Its especially important at rail terminus because for many folks thats just the middle of the trip. You might have spent 30 minutes on the train and about to spend 30 minutes on a bus.

Harvard has one, but you need to track down an employee and convince them to unlock the door. From my recollection its a single.

I, also, had to use the one at Ailwife before I got on the train. I was having trouble with all 3 Charlie machines there. An employee let me through to the platform.

HelloBostonHi

Reaction score
So after three years and a $3.3 million contract, the MBTA has decided to give up on it's transition of The Ride to Routematch and now go through the whole process in reverse to return to the old system.

Here's what they used to say about the new software.
Screenshot_20211018-105932_Drive.png

stefal

Reaction score
Have to wonder what that's about - could just be the typical The Ride rider demographic and they're not actually lying about negative feedback, or, seeing as Routematch was purchased by Uber last summer, and Uber is in its current crunch for non-VC money, they could be increasing their contract fees substantially. Just guesses though...