General MBTA Topics (Multi Modal, Budget, MassDOT)

The derailed train is still there:
PXL_20241002_134644271.jpg

(The Type 7 in the foreground wasn't there last night IIRC; maybe they were using that to shuttle personnel around?)

The derailed train is still there:
View attachment 56421

(The Type 7 in the foreground wasn't there last night IIRC; maybe they were using that to shuttle personnel around?)

They were forced by the NTSB to leave the derailed streetcar in place. The full shutdown might last longer than today, since I highly doubt they will be let go after tonight, plus the cleanup & repair process that needs full access to the site. The NTSB or FTA could issue safety orders or standdowns, so those are also possible.

Shuttle buses were a mess this morning…they're serving Union Square as a deviation off the main route to Medford/Tufts. That added at least 20 minutes to my trip from Gilman to North Station. Hopefully they figure out how to streamline things a bit.

Shuttle buses were a mess this morning…they're serving Union Square as a deviation off the main route to Medford/Tufts. That added at least 20 minutes to my trip from Gilman to North Station. Hopefully they figure out how to streamline things a bit.
This is so annoying - Union Square continues to get the shaft during planned and unplanned GL closures.

I know the MBTA really likes to get as many passengers onto rail transit, which is good cause it has more capacity, but there should be more bus routes that extend more into downtown despite paralleling rapid transit for better full-time alternatives in events like this and everyday. 80s to Haymarket, 60 to Tufts Medical, etc. Just spitballing examples not exactly these routings

Back