Governments and Economies

Re: Filene's

This thread is out of control. Can we get a split please?

^^ Good point.

The state of development in Boston is in such stasis, it's no surprise that a thread about a project of this scale could morph into the last half-dozen pages.

Yeah - I've noticed a lot more threads based on other topics than actual development lately.

It's an interesting debate and it is more civil than the ones we have about development surprisingly.

You can feel free to continue the debate in another thread. I don't want to have to deal with it every time I think there might be some news/discussion of Filene's.

The thread should definitely be split, but we shouldn't just stop discussion.

Last edited:
I actually wasn't following the discussion, what should the thread title be?

I think it should be "Governments and Economies."

Isn't revisionist history great?

THIS allverywell. BUT. you are thinking YOU will be parts of rulin elite. NOT necesarilely so. YOU OUT then YOU OUT. and. if you OUT you not getting IN.
Just as old unkle say 'Justice comes in barrel of gun'. AT yOU. So better get the GUN from notty jugde, I say. or get girlfriend.

BUT. just because you go to COLLEGE not mean you in rulling elite. stalin, Hitmer, Duce, Mao, Poly pot, Fraco NOT go to college. You smater peeple INTELLIGET SEE ya. You getting REEEDucated .45 caliper stile.

THEN you have last smoke and see what Iam saying

bb, I want to go to the college where you get educated .45 style. And of course I'm part of the ruling elite, look at my screen name [/sarcasm].

What we call "freedom" isn't all that important if the government doesn't threaten your life or economic well-being. We make a fetish of it in this country, but it strikes many foreigners as faintly absurd.

Exactly which foreigners? Here's a counterexample. In the EU, Data privacy is a human right. In the US, it's merely a consumer protection. Which allows more freedom?

(it's also a right-to-be-abused in China.)

This example is inspired by the recent spate of Chinese govt sponsored hacking attacks targeting supporters of a free Tibet...(one victim happens to be a classmate).

Back