Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeman Square would have to be nominated alongside its kindred spirit, Dwight Square. Identical twins, separated at birth, living just a block apart their whole lives without ever laying eyes on each other.

Other nominations:
Bunker Hill Monument
North End Skinny House

Glad to see Dwight Square mentioned! I used to live within eyesight of it, and it was a great little park to sit in, as well as to look out to.

Glad to see Dwight Square mentioned! I used to live within eyesight of it, and it was a great little park to sit in, as well as to look out to.

Not sure if you are referencing the sunbathing ladies in the summer, but if you are, I creepily smile and nod. Can "attracting girls in bikinis" be a new criteria for successful parks?

S.S. Pierce building, Coolidge Corner

Stoneholm, Brookline

The Arboretum

State Services Center

Southwest Corridor Park

Blackstone Block

BB Fens

I'm going to restructure my previous nomination to be "pocket parks"

Unlike massive courtyards and greenspace, pocket parks akin to Post Office Square, Dwight/Freeman Park, and even tiny Franklin Square on Franklin St in Allston are valuable assets that can be created by simply spreading out an intersection, with the loss of very little developable space to massive benefit: the opposite of many recent parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back