Hotel and Residential Development | 20 Inner Belt Road | East Somerville

Been a few months, not much new to update on:
1) The parking lot in the front of the site is still a parking lot (the hotel)
2) Concrete casting for the 1st floor is still slowly proceeding (the residence)
3) The parking garage has railings and fire suppression in now, I guess they are finishing the parking garage before moving on to the rest of the site? It doesn't look like the electrical is in yet, but it looked pretty done otherwise.
4) The extension of Roland St. to connect it to Inner Belt is paved now:
IMG_20211010_160215818.jpg

Inspired by BeeLine's pictures in the general Somerville thread, here's my sorta-monthly update:

1) Hotel section is still a parking lot
2) Concrete is on the second floor (Pic below is from Nov.26)
3) Parking garage looks complete, has lights wired, guardrails installed, etc.
4) Roland St. extension looks complete except for paint, but it currently being used for site staging.

IMG_20211126_145250205_HDR - Copy.jpg

Not much to report. It seems like they only have people on site a few days a week - they set up the concrete forms for like 1/10th of the floor, then they go away for a few days while it cures, then they move the frames down. It's been like... a month? since they started floor 2, and they're maybe 1/3 of the way done with it. Call it a floor every 2 months to be generous.

IMG_20211218_110252868_HDR - Copy.jpg

Edit: Fixed image

Last edited:
I thought this had already topped off a while back. But 2 more levels since the last posting and now it looks like that is some roof detailing. Not to mention - with the recent unveiling of the Roland St lab development - this hotel should have plenty of customers.

5A405FA7-E43D-45BB-93A1-1C100251B90F.jpeg

Are these long stay hotel rooms? It looks more like apartments for some reason. Maybe it’s the windows?

Back