How to post an image

Flickr doesn't give you an
?

it would be a lot easier than using tinypic to individually upload + get code for each and every image, if i could just get the photos from my flickr or picasaweb account.

I looked up the BBCodes for some video posts, such as YouTube and Vimeo. Are these accurate ways to post videos here?

What code should I use?

If you just paste the video's url it should place the video automatically. I dont think Vimeo videos work though.

Can we get people to resize their photos before posting? Maybe it's just OCD, but I can't stand the photos with the annoying "this photo has been resized" with every photo.

There's BB Code to resize a photo but I've never been able to get it to work. Anyone?

I only get anal is people post HUGE pictures that slow down the site. Seriously, if you are hosting it via ImgShack they let you resize them on the site!

What is the mechanism for photo hosting now? I don't like Photobucket anymore. Thanks.

Thanks. The last time I posted anything 10 megapixels was considered good!

Any advice on converting 35 mm shots to digital is also much appreciated. I bought a bunch of b/w rolls and dusted off the Contax i.

I'm no GMACK, but it is fun anyway!

Thanks again!

How many posts must I have logged in before I can post attachments (pictures)?

You can't attach images. You need to use a hosting site like imageshack, photobucket, flickr, imgur, etc.

Those don't work for me. They are too aggravating, complicated & problematic!

Last edited:
I'll just go elsewhere, where I CAN upload & post attachments!

Last edited:
Hey - I'd like to post a bunch of pics - I just essentially made a draft of a post with dozens of images from all over the internet - but I wasn't planning on crediting each site's source. Usually I don't when posting images but this post has a lot of architecture pics... is it sufficient to simply state that I have no rights to any of the images?

Hey - I'd like to post a bunch of pics - I just essentially made a draft of a post with dozens of images from all over the internet - but I wasn't planning on crediting each site's source. Usually I don't when posting images but this post has a lot of architecture pics... is it sufficient to simply state that I have no rights to any of the images?

I just saw your post. I wish you had sourced more of the images but it's not a deal breaker. I'm concerned with image sizes, especially in large posts like that, which can slow the site down. Most were within the limit though, so thanks.

OK, so is there an image sever that both hosts and resizes pictures? As far as I can tell imgurs will only let you crop but not resize pictures now. So I had to upload my photo to here, resize it, download the smaller pic to my pc and then re-upload it back to imgur. That seems ridiculous

OK, so is there an image sever that both hosts and resizes pictures? As far as I can tell imgurs will only let you crop but not resize pictures now. So I had to upload my photo to here, resize it, download the smaller pic to my pc and then re-upload it back to imgur. That seems ridiculous

Tinypic

Back