Innovation Square (iSQ) | 6 Tide St. | Seaport

Not sure which thread to put this in:

I think this is the thread.

If its the adjacent parcel, perhaps merge this and parcel 11 into a single thread.

The article and 24 Drydock are two separate developments. The article is for 20 and 22 Drydock and does not have a thread yet.

What the hell??? Those power lines suck, can’t believe the developers didn’t bury them! They even planted a flower bed around one of the poles! Would be laughable if it wasn’t so damn sad! Thanks for the pics, BeeLine.
9398306B-18E3-41B8-863B-8D876B52643A.jpeg
52ABF0AD-82C3-4C31-B5C3-B2607CDB9451.jpeg

I kno Im in the minority but I like these. I think these buildings are a good asset for the future to have a cheap incubator space in a high technology and high cost neighborhood.

I kno Im in the minority but I like these. I think these buildings are a good asset for the future to have a cheap incubator space in a high technology and high cost neighborhood.

I think it could've been perfectly decent if you get rid of the surface parking and bury the lines.

Surface parking for a 3 story office building. Sad!

It's actually 4 stories + parking under the Vertex building. Designers looked at placing a large-capacity robotic garage but the city placed limitations on the number of parking spaces, making the option too costly to pursue. Also, the buildings cannot be taller due to height restrictions in this area (airport proximity & flight path clearance). Also, the ground level of each building is elevated to reduce flooding concerns due to sea level rise.

any speculation as to why they didn't incorporate underground parking into the design? too costly?
They did put 45 spaces under the Phase 2/Vertex Building. They looked at an option for a large-capacity robotic garage but the city placed such a low limit on the number of car spaces allowed, the cost of such a garage would have been prohibitive.

Also, the buildings cannot be taller due to height restrictions in this area (airport proximity & flight path clearance).

As mentioned upthread the FAA limit is 145-150 ft or so. Dunno what the height of the building is but it's unlikely to be anywhere near that.

Back