Innovation Square (iSQ) | 6 Tide St. | Seaport

goldenretrievers

Reaction score
Time to give this one it's own thread

Site

Marketing Video

Innovation Square

21be32fc-9d6c-47cc-adeb-b28fbeb0876d

Innovation-Square-6-Tide-Street-Seaport-District-Boston-Office-Lab-Space-For-Lease.jpg

613893530.jpg

Innovation-Square-Final-Redering.jpg

phase-1-availability_1_orig.jpg

isq-siteplan-img_orig.jpg

MAYOR BREAKS GROUND ON INNOVATION SQUARE, WELCOMES MASS INNOVATION LABS

Seaport to host tech research campus

122017groundbreakingjw02.jpg

Also, is there a trick for posting images from online PDFs? (without hosting from 3rd party image site)

I must say that the final design looks much better than some of the earlier renderings.

It's worth noting that this is directly under the flight path for airplanes taking off and landing at Logan - 3 floors is better than nothing!

any speculation as to why they didn't incorporate underground parking into the design? too costly?

Screen grabs from the video:

Maan Im tellin ya some of these buildings in the seaport have amaaaaazing views. I love these ones especially where your looking directly out over the harbor and can watch boats coming and going and planes flying right overhead while your working. Cant lie Im jealous of whoever gets to work in some of these buildings.

There is no way you'll get those kind of views from a three story building.

Any street retail? Would be nice to bring some weekend traffic down to this area.

Not that it is a big deal, but this is a four story building, not three as has been stated in many of the prior posts.

There is no way you'll get those kind of views from a three story building.

There are literately no other building around this. The views may be a bit off in the renders, but I don't doubt them, particularly the one facing the airport.

You can see the ground outside the pic. It looks like what id imagine 40' above that to look like.

There are literately no other building around this. The views may be a bit off in the renders, but I don't doubt them, particularly the one facing the airport.

You can see over the roof of the world trade center in these renderings. This is pushing the limits of reality here.

It is embellished but your still going to have a great view of the harbor and airport. Yu dont have to be high up to have good views, just need to be unobstructed with something good to look at. Id be very happy to have this view.

The first post shows this to be pretty high quality for a low rise office building as well.

Was this already approved? The “proposal” that started this thread was barely a month ago

Was this already approved? The “proposal” that started this thread was barely a month ago

First LOI ~2012
Approved ~2013
Groundbreaking Dec 2017

Hopefully they submit an NPC at some point to build over that quarter block parking lot...yeesh

First LOI ~2012
Approved ~2013
Groundbreaking Dec 2017

Hopefully they submit an NPC at some point to build over that quarter block parking lot...yeesh
In reality it took so long to break ground I never learned it existed, thanks! The marine park is unfortunately really underutilized, there's hardly a shortage of surface lots to build on.

In reality it took so long to break ground I never learned it existed, thanks! The marine park is unfortunately really underutilized, there's hardly a shortage of surface lots to build on.

Agreed, though with the massive renovations of the Innovation and Design Building and 25 Fid Kennedy, the breaking ground of Innovation Square, and the hopefully near-future groundbreakings of Marine Wharf and Parcel Q1, development will take off.

There are some vacant lots to develop, but past that, the battle will be:

Comsur%20Chile%20Salmon%20Processing%20Plant%20Seafood%20Intl%20Apr%202012.jpg

versus

1--1469306-Three%20Research%20Students%20Working%20in%20Medical%20Laboratory.jpg

Back