Julie Hall | Brookline Ave | Emanuel College | Fenway

The crane is up as of 12/11 @noon. Of course, my phone died as I tried to get a better angle, so this is the only pic I have.
m3HhVab.jpg

I just went back to the previous page and realized that in less than a year, they demolished a building, dug a foundation and have made a ton of progress on the new building. Really impressive.

Also, does anyone besides J Derenzo own an excavator in Boston? They are everywhere.

I just went back to the previous page and realized that in less than a year, they demolished a building, dug a foundation and have made a ton of progress on the new building. Really impressive.

Also, does anyone besides J Derenzo own an excavator in Boston? They are everywhere.

Yeah seriously. They are the Suffolk of excavators.

But, another big one is W.L. French, & Co.

That looks like a lot of floor space set back from the windows for student housing.

Would love to see the layout.

That looks like a lot of floor space set back from the windows for student housing.

Would love to see the layout.

http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/04a4f4fa-c996-4047-9122-1185a9437cf9

Only the first floor takes up the whole site, or most of it. Then there's about five more floors with a V shape that'll look super-fat when viewed from the bottom of the V, but isn't atypically fat along each arm of the V, as compared to other dorms. Each V-arm has a central corridor, rooms to each side, really not unusual depth for a dorm. Only one arm of the V continues up another ten-twelve floors. If you glimpsed just that top part from the skinny side, it'd look like a fairly typical modern dorm shape. Down at the base it will look quite unusually shaped.

Only 4 person suites!... Must be expensive room and board rates for this once it opens...

True. Although, for such a mediocre, cookie cutter building, should be cake. Elkus Manfredi has gotten really boring ... just saying.

5J7MKpt.png

Back