Kendall/MIT Infill and Small Developments

Some additional interesting Boston Globe coverage on Kendall Sq today, from a equity point of view - noting the stark absence of women founded companies in the sq. But also noting the historical cycles of boom/bust in Kendall - from 1900’s soap and candy to 1980’s AI all coming and going. Article makes the decent argument that diversity is key to sustainable, longer booms.

Also a great plug in the article for a recent MIT Press book on history of Kendall Sq.

FE16444B-BFCC-460A-ABB1-CA05626F1512.jpeg

Construction in front of the Green building! Taken 11/10.

Very cool to see that the frame is going up. I'd stumbled on renderings of what's going here ("Earth and Environment Pavilion") on the capital projects site, but didn't bother to share because they're not great quality. It wasn't readily apparent if a higher-rez design package was posted somewhere (I couldn't find it). Nonetheless, for context, here's the site:

Linked to within above:
MIT_Building55-AW-ARCH_01.jpg

MIT_Building55-AW-ARCH_03.jpg

MIT_Building55-AW-ARCH_02-entrance.jpg

Very cool to see that the frame is going up. I'd stumbled on renderings of what's going here ("Earth and Environment Pavilion") on the capital projects site, but didn't bother to share because they're not great quality. It wasn't readily apparent if a higher-rez design package was posted somewhere (I couldn't find it). Nonetheless, for context, here's the site:

Linked to within above:
MIT_Building55-AW-ARCH_01.jpg

MIT_Building55-AW-ARCH_03.jpg

MIT_Building55-AW-ARCH_02-entrance.jpg
This seems like an awkward addition.

Back