Kittredge House | Linwood St. | Roxbury

nice to see,I own simular pillar house in Dot center,there's also a simular house across the way(Highland PK) that needs help,hope thats next.

Reminds me of this house in Charlestown. What style is that considered? Greek Revival?
From Historic Boston Inc.:
Built for Roxbury alderman and Eliot Church deacon Alvah Kittredge (1798–1876), the Kittredge House is one of a handful of high style Greek Revival period wood frame houses remaining in Boston. Originally positioned in the center of a large rural estate, the Kittredge House was also once home to prominent 19th century Boston architect Nathaniel Bradlee.
In the 1970s and 80s, it was home to Roxbury Action Program (RAP), a social service and advocacy organization that organized and delivered programming directed at to Roxbury’s African American community.
The house has been abandoned since 1991.​

The HBI blog also has some interior photos of the completed units:
kitt4.jpg

kitt3.jpg

kitt2.jpg

kitt1.jpg

And the real estate listing... http://postlets.com/r/10-linwood-st-unit-2-roxbury-ma-02119/11878061?tab=description

Looks like an extremely cramped/oddly-shaped kitchen. No thanks

some old pics of the Kittredge and the house across the park also my own home in Dorchester my home thru the years they can be saved! 1980's 1990's > now- and this past 4th of July

Last edited:
Great looking house 02124 - i think you should host the next archboston meetup there :)

The Globe article described the interiors as being very modern, which bothered me (as a former Historic Commissioner) when I read it. But it looks like lot of the character of the interior spaces was retained based on what's shown in the pics above.

Always love seeing pics of your house, 02124.

Back