Kunstler Discusses Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
063-7.jpg

God, what a disgusting riverfront. SUNY-Buffalo totally pwns that in terms of beauty:

universitybuffaloprofileimagebig.jpg

Has he never been to a state school?

Most state university campuses I have visited are quite beautiful -- Ohio State, Indiana, UC Santa Cruz, UC Berkeley, and UCLA for example. I went to MIT and happen to be somewhat biased toward it, but there's no need to cast aspersions on great state university campuses.

I went to the University of Southern Maine... I can claim to have lived amongst the other half. It was a dump (both sections of it).

armpitsOFmight;87532If your city is so special said:
Um, pretty sure they actually do have their own intelligence agency.

Most state university campuses I have visited are quite beautiful -- Ohio State, Indiana, UC Santa Cruz, UC Berkeley, and UCLA for example. I went to MIT and happen to be somewhat biased toward it, but there's no need to cast aspersions on great state university campuses.

Those are the premier universities of each state system. For each of those, there are probably three other state schools with trashy, falling apart campuses. I don't want to specifically name any I've visited, lest I offend someone.

---

Duncan, I'm only nine minutes in to the podcast as I type this, but from what I've read, I agree with you. People really have lost the ability to comprehend a small city, and refer to NYC as the city, as if it's the only city. In St. Louis, this is seen on a smaller level, as people can't comprehend having small towns. Suburbanites simply refer to the City of St. Louis as "Downtown," as none of the local cities have their own downtowns. I think this kind of thinking is what Kunstler is ultimately arguing against-that cities can and must exist at every level of society, not just in these megalopolises like NYC or Chicago.

Sorry if my response is foggy, I'm tired and on Vicodin (see you later, wisdom teeth).

EDIT: By the time I finished typing that, I was 18 minutes in and did hear what you had to say about NYC and "the" city.

I'll just be that guy and point out that on the West Coast, "The City" refers to a diminutive 7x7 sqmi chunk of peninsula.

You NYC'ers are pathetic. First your super special city is unable to stop the WTC from being destroyed
If I may interject, and I'm only doing this because armpitsOFmight's low blow, Boston, where the hijacked planes flew from, was unable to stop the WTC from being destroyed. So shut up please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back