kz's Wanderings Around Greater Boston

kz1000ps

Reaction score
^ Thanks for fleshing out that story... I meant to do it but my brain wandered off. At 60,000 square feet, I think that would make it the biggest building in Nahant.

Last edited:

Blackbird

Reaction score
Great shots.

You got me to do a little digging into what the hell Nahanters are up in arms about regarding Northeastern. If anyone's interested:

As Northeastern Eyes Expansion, Nahant Has Some Misgivings - WGBH
NU's response to the Trust's suit
From the article:

“They’re doing wonderful research,” added Peggy Silva, Bob's wife, who’s active in the anti-expansion group Keep Nahant Wild. “We just think there’s a better location for it than right here”

That has to be one of the most Massachusetts things I’ve ever read.

kz1000ps

Reaction score
Back in Concord yesterday getting that gorgeous golden hour light and gawking at houses with the lady

I love this house. I WANT

I don't know about you but this is more or less what my childhood summers looked like

Upon leaving here, my girlfriend said it feels like we should then be going to Friendly's and getting ice cream, to which I wholeheartedly agreed 😁

vanshnookenraggen

Staff member
Reaction score
Fuck yeah Gropius House. My dad used to be VP at SPNEA, now Historic New England and I spent some time in that house. What a beautiful design for southern California.

Blackbird

Reaction score
BLM signs everywhere
Concord’s always seemed to me like a place where folks would put BLM signs in their front yards, but then vote against the construction of affordable housing and be afraid to ride the orange line past Mass Ave (if at all).

vanshnookenraggen

Staff member
Reaction score
Concord’s always seemed to me like a place where folks would put BLM signs in their front yards, but then vote against the construction of affordable housing and be afraid to ride the orange line past Mass Ave (if at all).
In NYC that's Park Slope and it's where our mayor lives. Which really makes sense when you start to think about it.

kz1000ps

Reaction score
Doesn't that describe like everything from Cambridge west?

George_Apley

Not a Brahmin
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't that describe like everything from Cambridge west?
Yeah that whole Route 2 corridor west to Acton-Boxborough is leafy upper-middle class/upper class suburbs that are liberal in their politics, but strongly protective of their little public school fiefdoms. That means strong opposition to new housing that would cause enrollment spikes at their schools.