L Street Station Redevelopment (née Old Edison Plant)| 776 Summer Street | South Boston

Merrimac, thank you for helping me "see" and "understand" the layout. Cathedral of industry.

Note: To see full-size images, remove the "h" before the .png on any image.

OGXfvQ2h.png

83A800Dh.png

dcdPJRrh.png

kkLHhD2h.png

spNBqwWh.png

BswhiIjh.png

LRl2G46h.png

hN144kAh.png

RDmV83oh.png

4sqAr9wh.png

QPv52JDh.png

oKBGOwTh.png

wma1gvwh.png

Ypg22dNh.png

nNVuIR9h.png

j7bqASCh.png

y2XSri0h.png

SetZPhZh.png

pRkYbKah.png

SBbNwxFh.png

1,588 means they're going for like, >1300 units.

round 2 of the Walsh Admn is going to kick down the doors.

I haven't had a chance to look through all that document, but what I've seen so far is very disappointing.

Like most south Boston developments: Great development, terrible architecture.

I don't think we should put any stock in the renders. My sense is that most of the work thus far has gone into planning the sitemap and figuring out building uses and project scope. The renders strike me as nothing but placeholders for now.

Would this make a great platform for transit similar to South Station/North Station?

Is this in a good location?

Would this make a great platform for transit similar to South Station/North Station?

Is this in a good location?

It's in an area in desperate need of more transit (wasn't there a report that the 7 and 9 buses have seen close to a 90% increase in ridership over the past few years?). Extending the Silver line out to here would make some sense, although that's also over extended. It's going to be one of the key things the developers have to deal with. There is a bus depot right next door along 1st Street so it seems like a logical way to increase the MBTA presence in the neighborhood. There just doesn't seem to be any ability at the State level to deal with the huge transit issues facing Boston.

If everyone wants a worthy project to champion, this is it. Take your YIMBY POVs and spend time and effort helping get this past South Boston residents (angry) and longshoremen (you first). This project has the potential to really change a major portion of that area, from Summer Street and L Street to East 1st and East Broadway.

2040 is going to be a banner year. Look forward to full build out of this, and also West Station! Oh, and I could conceivably be a grandparent!

WOW - Huge project. Southie NIMBYs are going to have a meltdown.

Very thoughtful planning. i guess after about 21 months, 13 public meetings, 5 Globe articles, multiple nimby meltdowns, 2 height/density/ unit reductions, another round of public meetings, they'll bring another banal infill project up for vote.

WOW - Huge project. Southie NIMBYs are going to have a meltdown.

But why? I could understand if this were at say West Broadway and D Street. But this is so close to the waterfront that it would seem that a lot people would not need to flood the nighborhood to get to/from here.

Back