Logan Airport Capital Projects

Flew in from AMS last Thursday! Snapped some pics of the new addition! This addition seems even more massive from the airside view!
IMG_9323.jpeg
IMG_9324.jpeg
IMG_9325.jpeg
IMG_9329.jpeg
IMG_9332.jpeg
IMG_9334.jpeg
IMG_9328.jpeg
IMG_9327.jpeg
IMG_9491.jpeg
IMG_9492.jpeg
IMG_9493.jpeg

From what I understand the E expansion was set for an August opening. Anyone hear if that’s still the plan? I haven’t seen anything.

From what I understand the E expansion was set for an August opening. Anyone hear if that’s still the plan? I haven’t seen anything.
Yesterday when I took the bus from Terminal B to the Airport Blue line station I saw the workers planting plants and trees along the road at the expansion so it looks promising.

Massport created a slick Logan Forward website for all of their projects - B to C connector, C canopy, B and C roadways and E expansion and have never bothered to provide any sort of updates or progress photos. I also heard August, but it's been all quiet from them (Massport). Maybe we'll get an idea when they release their June and July meeting decks.

Out of curiosity- the opening must be coming up.

On another note, why did the gates end up being only four over that huge addition? Is it just a tight space next to e11 and e12? Or are these four gates specifically designated for wide body/ the largest jets?

Out of curiosity- the opening must be coming up.

On another note, why did the gates end up being only four over that huge addition? Is it just a tight space next to e11 and e12? Or are these four gates specifically designated for wide body/ the largest jets?

I read a while ago that the original plans was for 7 gates but they scaled back due to cost, presumably escalating cost. I'm sure you can google that somewhere.

Just found it ..

" The project was initially designed to add seven desperately needed gates, bringing the total to 19. As a result of steep revenue losses during the COVID-19 pandemic, the budget was trimmed to $575 million (with inflation, the final budget was $640 million). That meant dropping the number of new gates from seven to four, leaving .."

I read a while ago that the original plans was for 7 gates but they scaled back due to cost, presumably escalating cost. I'm sure you can google that somewhere.

Just found it ..

" The project was initially designed to add seven desperately needed gates, bringing the total to 19. As a result of steep revenue losses during the COVID-19 pandemic, the budget was trimmed to $575 million (with inflation, the final budget was $640 million). That meant dropping the number of new gates from seven to four, leaving .."

can they add them later?

I went by on a jog last night and from what you can see on the inside everything is done on the interior, even the monitors are on with ads. Probably an opening before Thanksgiving

Great photos. I actually find the first one most interesting. To the left behind the white paneling you can see what I believe will be the new screening area.

Back