Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

Strange because I remember getting on a KLM plane. There are definitely pictures on google of KLM planes at Logan.

Northwest used to fly the DC-10 on the route. I believe they had a special livery where the plane was half KLM and half Northwest livery. Maybe that's why you think you got onto a KLM plane?

I don't have numbers (it would be interesting if someone did a study) but I'd venture a guess that CT leans towards using JFK and EWR than they would BOS. I am basing this anecdotally on some family and friends who live in and around Hartford who will drive to JFK over BOS for their international flying.

Yeah I have a friend in CT (don't know which part) and they use JFK. Of course they used to live in NYC before. But I am pretty sure they are closer to JFK than to BOS. That might explain it.

Looking closer, I see a Pakistan Airlines plane in that pic so there must have been some sort of weather or other issue when that pic was taken resulting in multiple unscheduled landings.

Yeah, I remember the Logan FB page used to share the photos of someone who would routinely capture the goings-on at Logan and this was from a collection of diversions from JFK due to weather.

Thomas Cook will be cutting seasonal Manchester to Boston flights. Boston is not on their schedule for summer 2019.

Interesting. Pushed out by Virgin? Given the Delta partnership, Virgin is probably better equipped to handle the route (and fill more seats).

Interesting. Pushed out by Virgin? Given the Delta partnership, Virgin is probably better equipped to handle the route (and fill more seats).

Not sure what the reason was. Maybe they felt the market wasn't worth the fight with Virgin in it?

Someone over on airliners.net posted this article. Of United's highest generating routes out of San Francisco, Boston generates the 5th most revenue. Not terribly surprising given US runs 6-7 daily flights, depending on time of year, and they have high loads factors year round.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedree...-hub-to-hub-and-new-york-flying/#554dee967a68

The much speculated route finally comes to fruition. It's crazy to think that in roughly 7 years Boston went from 0 flights to Asia to having year round, non-stop flights to Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and now Seoul.

Word is that Primera Air will be cutting Boston. They'll join Air Europa and Air Berlin as foreign carriers to cease Boston as of late. I know Air Berlin went under, but no carrier has stepped in to fill their service.

The much speculated route finally comes to fruition. It's crazy to think that in roughly 7 years Boston went from 0 flights to Asia to having year round, non-stop flights to Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and now Seoul.

Word is that Primera Air will be cutting Boston. They'll join Air Europa and Air Berlin as foreign carriers to cease Boston as of late. I know Air Berlin went under, but no carrier has stepped in to fill their service.

I've read that Primera Air will be seasonal.

Interesting. You'd think they should be able to fill a 321 to London year round.

Eh. Not to Stanstead. LGW and Heathrow are much more convenient, and I think that fares are consistently low enough with the competition on the route to make it a tough market for a new entry - especially a relatively unknown name flying to a far-flung airport.

I've read in the papers today about new small shops & eateries coming to Logan for business.

The NEED them! When I worked there, there were the same old tired ones that got so boring & tired!

Back