Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

I fly between Omaha and Boston frequently (at least I used to), and it appears Delta added direct flights between Boston and Omaha. I have never been more excited for a flight. Hopefully this is real. This cuts travel time from 7+ hrs to 3.5 hrs. Bonus - get to avoid O'Hare.

I went to Omaha 2 weeks ago and we flew BOS MCI and then drove.

Do you have a source on that? I have looked in all the usual places and can't find anything.

Edit: Looks like it's only operating 5/5 and 5/7 for the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping there would be more.

JetBlue has firmed their launch of service to Paris - Charles de Gaulle. JFK-CDG is launching on June 29. This is a good sign that an announcement of when Boston will launch can't be far off.

Seems Logan won't see Emirates A380 back this summer

5 out of their 12 US destinations will get it. New York - JFK, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington - Dulles will see it. Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Newark, Miami and Seattle will not see it. If we expand to all of their North American service, 6 out of 14 destinations will get it. Toronto will (although Canadian rules only allow for them to serve Toronto a max of 5 times per week). Mexico City will not see it.

As an aside, it's pretty crazy that London is going to see 9 daily A380 flights by Emirates. The amount of traffic is insane.

Lufthansa’s first A380 is supposed to be to BOS in early June according to ben7x on airliners.net.

5 out of their 12 US destinations will get it. New York - JFK, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington - Dulles will see it. Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Newark, Miami and Seattle will not see it. If we expand to all of their North American service, 6 out of 14 destinations will get it. Toronto will (although Canadian rules only allow for them to serve Toronto a max of 5 times per week). Mexico City will not see it.

As an aside, it's pretty crazy that London is going to see 9 daily A380 flights by Emirates. The amount of traffic is insane.

Hopefully if traffic does rebound significantly they’ll bring back the second daily flight rather than a single A380.

Delta is going to use their A321neo planes on the San Juan route at 1 time daily beginning July 10, 2023. Currently using a B737-900 on the daily service.

Handful of minor notes about this summer at BOS I haven't seen on here:

S4's once weekly (Friday) TER-BOS will be operated by a Plus Ultra 330 June-September. It looks like other days of the week it will fly to YYZ, YUL, and OAK. Was this 321 last year?
DE has the 339 loaded a handful of days (7/15, 8/17, 8/24, 8/31). 332 the rest of the summer.
TK's second frequency doesn't seem to be coming back
AC will transition YYZ-BOS to mostly 223.

Handful of minor notes about this summer at BOS I haven't seen on here:

S4's once weekly (Friday) TER-BOS will be operated by a Plus Ultra 330 June-September. It looks like other days of the week it will fly to YYZ, YUL, and OAK. Was this 321 last year?
DE has the 339 loaded a handful of days (7/15, 8/17, 8/24, 8/31). 332 the rest of the summer.
TK's second frequency doesn't seem to be coming back
AC will transition YYZ-BOS to mostly 223.

I just did some dummy bookings for June and July and Turkish is running a single daily non-stop flight on a A330-300. New York-JFK is triple daily with A330-300 and 77W. Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago-O'Hare are all double daily on a mix of 789/359/77W. Washington-Dulles is single daily 77W, Atlanta is single daily with 789, Seattle is single daily with 789, Dallas/Ft. Worth is single daily 789, Houston-Bush is single daily with 77W and Newark is single daily with A330-300.

Unless there is a crazy increase in traffic, we may never see an Emirates A380 in Boston again.

Emirates cut ties with JetBlue and are in bed with United.
Qatar Airways grows closer to JetBlue. I personally think they would increase frequency before Emirates.
It is highly likely Logan gets an Indian Carrier and a Saudi Arabian carrier (Saudia or Riyadh Air) within 5 years.
Etihad is growing closer to JetBlue and it would not surprise me if they came to Boston though it is not imminent or a must fly for them.
Turkey-India bilateral expands and Turkish Airlines begins more flights to the Indian subcontinent.

Unless there is a crazy increase in traffic, we may never see an Emirates A380 in Boston again.

Emirates cut ties with JetBlue and are in bed with United.
Qatar Airways grows closer to JetBlue. I personally think they would increase frequency before Emirates.
It is highly likely Logan gets an Indian Carrier and a Saudi Arabian carrier (Saudia or Riyadh Air) within 5 years.
Etihad is growing closer to JetBlue and it would not surprise me if they came to Boston though it is not imminent or a must fly for them.
Turkey-India bilateral expands and Turkish Airlines begins more flights to the Indian subcontinent.

You're probably right regarding Air India and Riyadh Air coming to Boston in the next several years. Riyadh has stated they intend to serve something like 100-110 destinations and operate in a similar manner to the existing ME3 carriers. I would imagine Boston would get consideration. Air India has 70 long range, wide body planes on order between 789s, 779s, and 351s and 359s. I don't believe these new planes are slated to replace existing planes in their long haul fleet. So expansion is coming and Boston will probably be confirmed in the next few years. They have mentioned Boston on their short list for new North American destinations in the past.

Etihad is a bit of an interesting case when compared to their ME3 carriers. They've cut a lot of service to the US - Miami (which had awful loads), Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Even with a JetBlue tieup, they still serve JFK and that may be good enough for them to tap into the larger network from JFK than Boston on JetBlue.

Last edited:
Avianca announced new 3x week service between Boston and San Salvador starting June 1 on an A320 with 180 seats.

The new service came in an announcement to commence operations to Orlando as well on June 11. Pretty neat!

Boston, specifically East Boston, Chelsea, Lynn and Revere have a very fast growing Salvadoran population and the diaspora had more than doubled from 2000 to 2010. Given the large diaspora, the flight is warranted and could do well. However, the icnome levels of Salvadorans and Salvadorans living around Boston might pose weak loads if tourism/business/connection (In each way) flights can not be made.

Last edited:
Avianca announced new 3x week service between Boston and San Salvador starting June 1 on an A320 with 180 seats.

The new service came in an announcement to commence operations to Orlando as well on June 11. Pretty neat!

Boston, specifically East Boston, Chelsea, Lynn and Revere have a very fast growing Salvadoran population and the diaspora had more than doubled from 2000 to 2010. Given the large diaspora, the flight is warranted and could do well. However, the icnome levels of Salvadorans and Salvadorans living around Boston might pose weak loads if tourism/business/connection (In each way) flights can not be made.

The flight also connects in San Salvador to Guatemala City (another growing diaspora in Greater Boston), San Jose-Costa Rica, San Pedro Sula-Honduras, and Guyaquil-Ecuador.

I believe JetBlue fell asleep at the wheel not considering San Salvador or Guatemala City. They have had success with the Visiting Friends and Relatives (VFR) sector with Caribbean flights from NYC/Boston to Haiti/DR/Jamaica

The flight also connects in San Salvador to Guatemala City (another growing diaspora in Greater Boston), San Jose-Costa Rica, San Pedro Sula-Honduras, and Guyaquil-Ecuador.

I believe JetBlue fell asleep at the wheel not considering San Salvador or Guatemala City. They have had success with the Visiting Friends and Relatives (VFR) sector with Caribbean flights from NYC/Boston to Haiti/DR/Jamaica
Jetblue has been sleeping a bit on Boston for the past 2 years I have noticed. I wonder of they will buck this trend. I know they have a shortage of planes.

We might not see Emirates A380 anytime soon, but we will have Lufthansa'sA380 from June 1st

Back