Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

Has anyone tried Level (www.flylevel.com) the Barcelona (BCN) hubbed long-haul, low-cost member of IAG (British, Aer Lingus, Iberia) ?
I recently flew Level to Barcelona and it was a good experience. Went with Economy Plus as it wasn't much more than standard seats if you factor in seat selection, luggage, etc. No delays, good service.

Sort of OT but the time sort is all sorts (heh) of wrong on the Massport Flight arrivals and departures. The up arrow should be like the most recent arrivals but it's like 10 PM.

There is no Massport thread, so leaving this here. Worcester airport, which is owned by Massport, is bringing back the nonstop Orlando flights and adding Fort Myers as a new route.
Screenshot_20230411_010051_Chrome.jpg

The mayor of Worcester wants JetBlue to launch flights from there to Accra, Ghana‽ While the 321XLRs they have on order can probably actually make it there, that's never going to be a priority - and if they were, it'd be out of BOS or JFK. Unfortunately, none of the 3 NYC area flights out of ORH currently connect to Delta's JFK-ACC service, nor United's IAD one, the only current US-ghana flights.

Really, they should be trying to get United, the last of the big 3 not serving ORH to launch a flight to IAD. Then I'd actually have a reason to use it! [Sadly, I'm usually a United loyalist thanks to their international reach]

He lost his Senate race and is now up for re-election as mayor in 2023. Just a move to suck up to those voters without alienating anyone, because it’s clear to everyone that this will never happen.

Did I read elsewhere that they are doing away with the JFK flights to and from ORH once they add Orlando?

Did I read elsewhere that they are doing away with the JFK flights to and from ORH once they add Orlando?

That is correct. ORH-JFK service is being discontinued as of June. Not terribly surprising considering it's easy to fill a plane to MCO from anywhere in the Northeast throughout the year and I'd imagine the JFK flights were being filled with all connecting traffic. Why connect via JFK if you're going to say ORD, or LAX when you can fly non-stop via BOS on JetBlue?

JetBlue intends to serve Amsterdam and made a press release - late summer for JFK and its not really clear when Boston would start. It also had an asterisk stating "Subject to receipt of government operating authority" I think that happens quite often but I thought different wording is used.

Norse Atlantic Airways is going to reduce service to London - Gatwick to sub-daily for the 2023/2024 winter season (October 29, 2023 through March 30, 2024). They will operate the flights 4 times per week.

Turkish Airlines has extended out their schedule to next year and they are upgrading their daily Istanbul flight from A330-300 to A359. This will be an increase of 40 seats a flight.
Delta Airlines is going to suspend service to Lisbon and Rome 01/07/2024-03/06/2024 on both routes. This is part of their European adjustments that includes similar suspensions on routes from Atlanta and New York - JFK.

Turkish Airlines has extended out their schedule to next year and they are upgrading their daily Istanbul flight from A330-300 to A359. This will be an increase of 40 seats a flight.
Delta Airlines is going to suspend service to Lisbon and Rome 01/07/2024-03/06/2024 on both routes. This is part of their European adjustments that includes similar suspensions on routes from Atlanta and New York - JFK.

Pretty short suspensions for seasonal services on Delta. IIRC, last year and the year before they ran May to October. This is all promising!

So was looking at Logan's footprint 1955 vs. 2023. Mostly to compare the Neptune Rd/Olmsted Park (RIP) footprint. And it's cool.

Imagine how much more we could have done with our limited acreage if we had designed with transit at least partially in mind from the start.
So much of the area between the terminals is allocated for parking, storing and moving flippin' cars! The whole airport just prior to 1949 expansion fit in the rental car temple's footprint!

Thinking of the space it totally makes me want to 'Moneyball' every US airport for productivity per passenger/acre. I'm thinking Logan would be high ranking in comparison to something hyoooge like Denver.

Okay, so I Moneyballed it (because it's Friday and I was in a meeting)
Instead of OBP I'm using SAPP (Square Acre Per Passenger) Rank.(TM) Pretty simple: Size in acreage against 2019 Pre pandemic passenger counts

1682095648102.png

JetBlue has firmed their upcoming non-stop service to Amsterdam from both Boston and New York - JFK. Tickets for both go on sale starting today. Boston service commences on September 20 at daily service on A321LR.

1682430031861.png

Last edited:
Daily service, that's great! Decent schedule as well, although I'd prefer slightly earlier on the eastbound.

Didn't they claim that the slots they got were poorly timed? These aren't great, but for a BOS-hubbed carrier they're not terrible either.

Curious why people these times are not great. Maybe business travelers who want to get in super early for meetings? I don't travel to Europe for business and don't care for the flights that arrive in Europe at 6am, sometimes leaving me as long as 9-10 hours to kill before I can check in to my hotel room and shower. 9:30am arrival in AMS sounds fine to me.

The actual times are fine. I do prefer a bit earlier but nothing to dissuade me from booking this flight. As 737 said, there were signals and chatter that the times were going to be suboptimal but it looks like they pulled through and got pretty standard times. See link and quote below

“The temporary slots accepted by JetBlue were not at commercially desirable times, as they involved an arrival time of 3 pm at AMS (local time), which would necessitate a JFK departure time of 1:20 am (local time). Nevertheless, JetBlue’s acceptance of these temporary slots underscores its eagerness to enter the U.S.-Amsterdam air services market.”

Spirit Airlines is growing its Boston network. They're adding daily non-stop flights as follows:

Charlotte begins on June 7th
Dallas/Ft. Worth begins on June 7th
Los Angeles begins on July 5th
Houston - IAH begins on August 9
Phoenix begins on August 9

Interesting development for them.

All of the new flights will operate year round, daily. This adds to their existing year round, daily service to Atlanta, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Miami, Myrtle Beach, Orlando and San Juan. Plus seasonal daily service to Tampa and Fort Myers.

Edit: This lays out the new and existing flights.

Last edited:
Curious why people these times are not great. Maybe business travelers who want to get in super early for meetings? I don't travel to Europe for business and don't care for the flights that arrive in Europe at 6am, sometimes leaving me as long as 9-10 hours to kill before I can check in to my hotel room and shower. 9:30am arrival in AMS sounds fine to me.
Mostly connections, JetBlue doesn't have many codeshares over there so I'd imagine most people flying this won't be connecting but when I'm going to Amsterdam I want to get in at 6am so I can be on an 8am flight out to my destination personally.

Back