Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

Norse, which announced they are going to suspend its non-stop service to London - Gatwick at the end of October, will now make the route seasonal. Daily service is going to resume March 31, 2024. Boston will join San Francisco and Washington - Dulles in having seasonal London - Gatwick service from Norse.

Not surprised about this. Even with UA out of the picture there's still so much capacity to London.

Looks like they'll be operating LGW to BGI, KIN, and MBJ for the winter instead.

Azores Airlines is adding non-stop service to Porto, Portugal. Beginning June 4, 2024, they were run flights one time a week using A321Neo equipment.

1691340372812.png

Azores Airlines is adding non-stop service to Porto, Portugal. Beginning June 4, 2024, they were run flights one time a week using A321Neo equipment.

View attachment 41339

That schedule is very strange, but then again the whole S4 operation is fascinating. They used to fly BOS-LIS before TP added it.

That schedule is very strange, but then again the whole S4 operation is fascinating. They used to fly BOS-LIS before TP added it.

They must be making use of a plane that was otherwise going to sit idle or its to possibly to position planes. They also might be getting a subsidy from Portugal to get people to Porto.

Korean Air is increasing it's non-stop service from Seoul. Beginning October 29 the flights will increase from 5 times a week to daily. The two additional days will be run using Boeing 787-9 aircraft.
Lots of growth for them; I'm sure the DL growth is helping.
Wasn't this 4x or 5x on B789 last winter? Switching to 5x B77W and 2x B789 is a big upgrade.

Lots of growth for them; I'm sure the DL growth is helping.
Wasn't this 4x or 5x on B789 last winter? Switching to 5x B77W and 2x B789 is a big upgrade.
They've benefited from the US and China squabbling over allowing more US China flights. Still large VFR from the Boston area to China that is no longer served directly.

BermudAir is going to launch service to Boston as of August 31. Non-stop service to Bermuda will be flown using E175 equipment.

Avianca is increasing service on its Bogota to Boston route during the winter season to daily. They had scheduled service to increase to 5 times a week, but have now increased it to run daily. A320neo equipment will operate.

COVID has been a blur...is this going to be the only nonstop flight to mainland China (i.e., not Cathay to HK)?

^I'm hardly surprised. As much as I want to be in the "MOAR!!!!" camp, we had a glut of service last winter. There are still a lot of options between the two cities.

This sentence had me perplexed: " Shifting to lower gauge equipment and reducing flights will mean better pricing and loads in the off-season. " I get better loads, but how does that equate to better pricing? Don't airlines use dynamic pricing? If the planes are more full, wouldn't that mean higher prices vs. dropping fares to fill empty seats?

Back