Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

I must have checked this on a day they were shifting or reloading the schedule. The BOS-BOG flight now comes up as 1 daily through the entire summer.

BOG-BOS is daily.
BOS-BOG isn't, technically. Sunday/Wednesday/Friday there is are departures at 00:15 and 15:45. On Tuesday there is only the 15:45 flight operates.

Which airport is the better overall experience? Doha, or Dubai?

I haven't been to Dubai, but Doha is new and absolutely beautiful with indoor gardens that rival any botanical garden.

They're close enough that I think it depends on the traveler - both blow just about any U.S. airport out of the water. I personally prefer DOH. It feels a little less chaotic to me. I think DXB might have a slight edge on the shopping/dining front, but I'm not doing any luxury shopping in airports, so it's not really a factor. I've used several lounges (both J and paid access) at DOH and all were pretty solid. I've never transited DXB in anything other than Y so I've never experienced the lounge and can't compare. If all else was equal, I'd choose to connect through DOH instead of DXB. But they're close enough that I wouldn't pay more or opt for a longer layover to transit DOH over DXB.

American Airlines running a Saturday Boston-Panama City, Florida (ECP) flight from June 6 through August 31 on E-175.

Also, WestJet will run Boston-Calgary daily in July and August. Mid-May, June, and September will be 4 weekly.

Haven't been to Doha, but if it's new and sleek it probably has the edge.

Dubai's isn't all that great tbh. The nicest thing is the huge Emirates Lounge that takes up the entire top floor of the main terminal (not sure if it's only for business class travelers - it may be). Other than that, having been in 2 or 3 of the terminals my overall sense was that it's not all that different from an O'Hare.

Haven't been to Doha, but if it's new and sleek it probably has the edge.

Dubai's isn't all that great tbh. The nicest thing is the huge Emirates Lounge that takes up the entire top floor of the main terminal (not sure if it's only for business class travelers - it may be). Other than that, having been in 2 or 3 of the terminals my overall sense was that it's not all that different from an O'Hare.

Spent some time in DOH when I was there for the World Cup.

Huge, clean and amazing.

A lot of the online chatter believes Delta launching Honolulu is retaliation against Hawaiian adding flights to Salt Lake City from Honolulu. I am leaning towards it being retaliation myself but there may be opportunity.

Some great traffic information was released with news.

2023 BOS-HNL: 185 PDEW average
2022 BOS-HNL: 172 PDEW average

Hawaiian is far and away the market leader for this city pair (over 50%) followed by United and Delta. I would love to know what traffic to the state is combined. A guess would be it ranges from 200-350 PDEW depending on time of year.

Retaliation aside, Delta codeshares with Hawaiian for inter-island travel from Honolulu too.

JetBlue and Boutique Air have both applied for an Essential Air Services Grant to serve Presque Isle, Maine.

Jetblue would use E-190 until its retirement in 2025 if granted the route.

JetBlue and Boutique Air have both applied for an Essential Air Services Grant to serve Presque Isle, Maine.

Nice. Ive always wanted to check out Aroostook County but have been intimidated by the drive. I might actually avail myself of this service one day.

Nice. Ive always wanted to check out Aroostook County but have been intimidated by the drive. I might actually avail myself of this service one day.
The County is well worth visiting. Just be careful about your cell phone settings. Phones will often lock onto Canadian cell towers anywhere close to the border, and the upcharge can be astronomical!

Reactions: FK4
Delta is going to run a limited service to Augusta, GA for the Masters in April. April 7-15 1 daily flight.

Delta is going to run a limited service to Augusta, GA for the Masters in April. April 7-15 1 daily flight.

So i checked the schedule since I was curious of how much Delta was going to charge. It appears American is also running a flight except theirs will not operate on the 8th and 9th. Both airlines are using E-175. They are also getting about $750-900 a roundtrip.

Is my memory failing me or is this the contract PenAir used to hold?

This article summarizes which airlines fly to Europe from Boston as well as the number of flights to Europe. According to the article, Boston is the 4th busiest in the US with flights to Europe. I am surprised ATL wasn’t up there!

Last edited:
Spirit Airlines is adjusting their network ex-Boston. They're adding twice daily service to Newark beginning May 8th. I think they used to run this route a few years ago.

They are ending service to Las Vegas, Tampa, Miami, and Fort Myers. Knowing Spirit, some, or all may be added back in at some point in the next 6-12 months.

Back