Lovejoy Wharf | 131 Beverly Street | West End

Oh, honey .... I don't know whether to LOL this or just smh.

Minor imperfections are the whole fucking enchilada.

But, sweetie.....we're talking about 15 YEARS in the future.

The enchilada will be digested by then.

Last edited:
I recently toured this property - I have always loved this building, but does anybody have any insight as to why the units just aren't selling? Is it the lack of parking or the lack of a neighborhood?

It's disheartening because it's as if really quality, smart design just isn't valued in this market.

Nightshift Brewery is opening a 12,000 sq/ft brewery and taproom at 1 Lovejoy Wharf, underneath the Converse headquarters.

https://twitter.com/BrewboundFurn/status/987133207278686208
https://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/2018/04/20/night-shift-brewpub-boston/

Also not sure how far along the build-out is of Alcove, a new restaurant slated for the residential side of Lovejoy Wharf. From what I saw last, it was slated to open spring of 2018.

Wow, I totally missed this! Glad to see Night Shift getting a spot in the city.

I recently toured this property - I have always loved this building, but does anybody have any insight as to why the units just aren't selling? Is it the lack of parking or the lack of a neighborhood?

It's disheartening because it's as if really quality, smart design just isn't valued in this market.

I see some listings available.. but do you know for sure that there are actual issues with finding buyers here in general?

I see some listings available.. but do you know for sure that there are actual issues with finding buyers here in general?

I did a quick glance at the suffolk deeds Website. Looks like 42 unit deeds have been filed, about 27 percent sell through. Obviously, this doesn't take into account any units that may be under contract and have not filed yet.

I have to admit, I have always found it curious how we build condos on spec here in the U.S. Say what you will about the condo booms in Toronto and Montreal, but those buildings don't break ground until they have at least 75 percent of the units under purchase and sale agreement.

I have to admit, I have always found it curious how we build condos on spec here in the U.S. Say what you will about the condo booms in Toronto and Montreal, but those buildings don't break ground until they have at least 75 percent of the units under purchase and sale agreement.

Wow! Was not aware. My trip to Montreal last fall tells me there are a lot of people buying condos then. Major boom.

I did a quick glance at the suffolk deeds Website. Looks like 42 unit deeds have been filed, about 27 percent sell through. Obviously, this doesn't take into account any units that may be under contract and have not filed yet.

I remember them doing the same thing in Brazil...a few times I visited "pre-lançamento" places with my wife. They essentially build sales offices on site with some minor construction prep being done on the property. Once they hit a certain threshold, the project starts up.

Lack of parking is the big hurdle...for me anyway. I wouldn’t spend these prices without a spot for my car underneath the building. Then again I’m a brownstone kind of guy anyway.

Back