Lyra (née The Huntington) | 252/258/264 Huntington Avenue | Fenway

The 3-story tenement on the left is gone in these renders. Were they finally able to buy it?

Surprised they didn't keep this façade. I know Toronto gets trashed for its lack of architectural variety, but at least a high number of historic low rise building facades are retained as part of the new buildings that have been erected. I find it somewhat rare to see this level of retention in Boston.

New night time render that I havent seen before, also a high res version of the daytime render from the previous page. It had always been shown with alternating windows before and has actually gotten rid of them surprisingly, idk if thats a first but its a win for those that are sick of them. It does kinda have a trademark slanty roof, though pretty shallow but still keeping with tradition.

Pretty solid design though imo and the notched roof actually looks pretty good here unlike the hub on causeway residential tower for example where the notch looks like shit and like its made out of match sticks. This one doesnt look slapped on and has more permanence and weight to it. Overall solid tower that feels like a sibling to 40 trinity.

6cf4b474-f033-4fce-a145-3f7852611d63

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...ental-Community-in-Boston-Massachusetts.html#
It’s like the classiest remote control come to life.

Surprised they didn't keep this façade. I know Toronto gets trashed for its lack of architectural variety, but at least a high number of historic low rise building facades are retained as part of the new buildings that have been erected. I find it somewhat rare to see this level of retention in Boston.
1668974675343.jpeg

Very classy. Wish it was 3x as tall.

We'll have to see how much it gets VE'd. It has the potential, with the wrong materials, to look like a bad marriage between Hub50 and Avalon NS.

All part of the unified Brutalist design esthetic of the Christian Science Plaza area master plan.

(And I am not saying I like it, just explaining why they look that way.)
Actually, I like the CSC! It is one of the few Brutalist complexes that has aged well. It makes a fine extension of the Northeastern campus.

Symphony Plaza is something else.

no pictures but I walked by this saturday, it looks as if there's been little movement since LexSE's last picture on Feb 20th. I peered behind the fence and the site is completely clean and looks ready to go

Back