Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

That means that if Lego is moving there, then the MBTA will have to get on the ball & stop playing games & get Hynes Station going with its modernization program!!!! It will have to be made ADA compliant!! I never got off the trolley there because there are way too many damn stairs to climb getting out of there to the street!! And there is only one escalator on the outbound platform ONLY. :mad:

I'm surprised the crack design team at MBTA HQ has not formulated a 1/20 slope HC ramp thru the closed entry at the end of the platforms all the way up to Boylston Street! It would be made of pressure treated wood of course.

Last edited:
That means that if Lego is moving there, then the MBTA will have to get on the ball & stop playing games & get Hynes Station going with its modernization program!!!! It will have to be made ADA compliant!! I never got off the trolley there because there are way too many damn stairs to climb getting out of there to the street!! And there is only one escalator on the outbound platform ONLY. :mad:

I don't see a thread for it, but I understand that the Hynes renovation is part of the Parcel 13, 975 Boylston project (across the street from this one). That project has been on and off for as long as I can remember.

I'm surprised the crack deign team at MBTA HQ has not formulated a 1/20 slope HC ramp thru the closed entry at the end of the platforms all the way up to Boylston Street! It would be made of pressure treated wood of course.

Nah, pressure treated wood would last too long. Gotta make it from the cheapest most defective concrete you can get your hands on.

Nah, pressure treated wood would last too long. Gotta make it from the cheapest most defective concrete you can get your hands on.

It would have to have corrosion problems; wouldn't be MBTA without corrosion. I'd say crap concrete plus untreated/semi-exposed re-bar; water leaking onto said exposed rebar, a shitty weld repair (due to something unrelated - say, the need to mount a sign post or electrical box for some other project) - right onto said wet, rusting rebar. Then, when it fails after 4 years, you need to do a half-assed job closing it off, with a duct-taped sign on a loose piece of rope, so people are still trying to use it. THEN, you'd have a bona fide MBTA project.

The GLX stations have gap-filler panels between the stations and adjacent fences. They were plywood covered with some plastic material. The one at Magoun has completely peeled away, so you can read the handwritten “Magoun left side” note on the bare plywood.

Today:

IMG_0691.jpeg
IMG_0692.jpeg
IMG_0693.jpeg
IMG_0698.jpeg
IMG_0699.jpeg
IMG_0702.jpeg

Maybe not exactly the right environment for it, but I feel like a multi-story video screen on the blank wall facing the Mass Ave and Newbury intersection could potentially be cool.

I'm sure the Harvard Club would enjoy it :)

I'm really liking this building (buildings). I work in the area an have been watching it go up for the last couple of months.

View attachment 42195
Ive seen this from many vantages but have not been up Newbury in a long time. This pic nicely captures how, instead of the windswept hole in the urban fabric, we see buildings!

Kind of an extreme course of action, no? Pretty widely regarded redevelopment by a high-profile, innovative architect.

Back