Maine Medical Center Expansion | Portland

IMG_5727.jpeg
IMG_5728.jpeg

I believe they're talking about a June opening for it!

Does anyone know if there's a a direct access from the porte cochere to the garage? So you could drop off whoever you're dropping off and then proceed directly to the parking without having to go out onto Congress?

Does anyone know if there's a a direct access from the porte cochere to the garage? So you could drop off whoever you're dropping off and then proceed directly to the parking without having to go out onto Congress?
The video I shared and the official talking on camera discusses it, so yes.

I was able to get a good look into the porte cochere last evening and there is definitely direct access into the garage.

I made it in to the open house last night; anyone else here? I'm not a medical professional but to my eyes it was pretty damn impressive. I slightly regret not taking the time to wait to try out the robotic surgery system (they had it set up with, literally, an Operation game on the table and folks could use the machine to take out and repair his broken heart), but it was not to be. I will also highly recommend Churchill caterers, who provided, among other things, a series of savory cheesecakes that were amazing. (I fully recognize that singing the praises of cheesecake might land me back in one of these snazzy new cardiac rooms sooner than I would like ;) ).

22a9b1fb-2992-4abd-be71-eafa8e47759f_1920x1080 2.jpg

Am looking forward to seeing the atrium in person once the new tower officially opens. Any thoughts from those who attended the event?

View attachment 50608
Am looking forward to seeing the atrium in person once the new tower officially opens. Any thoughts from those who attended the event?
I thought it looked very nice, if a tad dizzying to look up at (expected). One thing that struck me was that you come in the main entrance where there's an info desk, and then double back down a long corridor to get to Admitting. Also, the elevators are plain stainless steel, rather than being color-coded for wayfinding as in the older sections.
They've also lettered the floors in the parking garage, rather than the former P1-P8 numbering, so it's no longer possible to park on P6.

Last edited:

Back