Market Central (née Mass + Main) | 415 Mass Av | Cambridge

Re: Market* Central (née Mass + Main) *mostly residential | 415 Mass Av | Cambridge

I kinda like the ice blue color of the Styrofoam (highly flammable by the way). I kinda wish it could just look like that.

cca

Re: Market* Central (née Mass + Main) *mostly residential | 415 Mass Av | Cambridge

The cladding on this looks like IKEA-grade melamine.

I kinda like the ice blue color of the Styrofoam...I kinda wish it could just look like that.

We have a bit of that by Eliot Circle on Revere Beach. Pastels are a tough sell (for me, at least) in New England. I love the new Booth Theatre at BU, but the pop of mint green on the sides and rear of the building seems "geographically inappropriate" to me. Maybe I'm just traumatized by a lifetime of seeing trash-snow.

@obliterate the grey; i would love to see the Longfellow and Harbor towers get redone in pastels. Maybe the cement on one getting a pinkish tuscan color, with the other a soft pastel or navy blue. Winter green would be perfectly fine too. What they are now, is spectacularly awful.

Was driving down Columbia from inman the other day, was pretty jarring coming into Lafayette square... much more so than seeing the site from mass ave.

Nice dense development in the right spot. Lookin good too.

Thats hilarious. I thought this would be MUCH taller. This isn't that tall at all. And what a fuss was made...

It fits in with the other tallest in the area like MXD, looks about the same height. Definitely not huge but its a solid massing for the area.

Back