Marriott Moxy Hotel | 240 Tremont Street (Parcel P-7A) | Theater District

"Cost $4.7 million". LOLS... days of yore.

be glad we didn't get this when 1st proposed 25 yrs ago!

haha, 25 years ago! So, probably half of you guys were just starting elementary school when the thing was first proposed and DEH74, you were just a twinkle in your father's eye! :)

I was 28 yr old 25 yrs ago lol and I still cant believe something has not been built here!

A rendering that appeared with the Globe article on the set of BRA approvals.

Parcel-P-7A.jpg

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2015/07/17/projects/pWmfiGG6vZ9Ga2RWCxNjGM/story.html

So glad that this might happen. Reminds me of how long that lot across Tremont remained a parking lot for so long. Then the W was finally built.

It's been 10 freaking years since this thread was started and people still ask...what's going on with this. It's Boston, what's what's going on with this! ;)

Hayward Place was worth the looong wait, maybe this one will be too.

TBH I kind of hope the developer resubmits this at some point as a taller proposal of around 500 ft. but that is just a fantasy as I highly doubt that would ever happen.

This one is apparently moving forward too, as some final permitting matter, of which i missed the precise details, was adjudicated in the affirmative by the Board at the current 23 stories, with a loud congratulations.

Director Golden was proud to announce that more than 1.9M sq ft was approved at this evening's meeting of the BRA Board.

The most in a 30 day cycle since ____???

Boston in 2022~25 is going to be barely recognizable.

San Francisco of the East, and not remiss to make the banal comparison.

Last edited:
Damn, this is a cool little spot that basically went on to the permanent backburner forever. Im surprised this came up I didnt even know this was up on the board. Stuart street is really coming into its own and becoming something where before you just used it to get somewhere else.

This one is apparently moving forward too, as some final permitting matter, of which i missed the precise details, was adjudicated in the affirmative by the Board at the current 23 stories, with a loud congratulations.

Director Golden was proud to announce that more than 1.9M sq ft was approved at this evening's meeting of the BRA Board.

The most in a 30 day cycle since ____???

Boston in 2022~25 is going to be barely recognizable.

San Francisco of the East, and not remiss to make the banal comparison.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/getattachment/e42a72ac-6f5d-477e-b5b7-ef6cc1814fda

There's actually some interesting stuff going on here (though the renders aren't great). The building sits on a pedestal and has some cool angles.

This has the potential to be an NEC Dorm/Tree House, where the flat renderings undersell how good the building looks in the end.

How can this have a video screen but not the hub on causeway? Is it because this would be an ad and the hub was going to play games? Both can be equally distracting to drivers and at the garden that was a big loss for outdoor spectating.

How can this have a video screen but not the hub on causeway? Is it because this would be an ad and the hub was going to play games? Both can be equally distracting to drivers and at the garden that was a big loss for outdoor spectating.

I think it's more because there are video screens all down that stretch of Tremont. It's the Theater District.

Don't you jeust wanna see a sneak preview/drone flyover like 5-6 years in the future? Gonna be pretty crazy, albeit, we're gonna be slightly over-represented by 300' towers. Fuggsake even Roxbury is gonna be ok infill minus the 3 crowns... but still worth a flyover or 2. This little weird thing is gonna be cool along with a few other thin towers that just might be coming to the party.

Back