MassDOT Pike Parcels 12 - 15 | Boylston St. and Mass. Ave | Back Bay

not to mention the proliferation of those classic 6-8 story buildings is nearly totally uninterrupted.

Yea most of our housing seems to be 3 stories throughout all of the neighborhoods. Thats kind of the sweet spot in Boston. It just changes from brick to wood once you get into Dorchester and beyond.

While this three-page tangent is fascinating, can we move it to a more appropriate thread?

Yea I just made a general Boston thread yesterday it would fit right in to.

32976161100_a09540d410_b.jpg

32976161120_4c0f8f028a_b.jpg

OK, podium at street level kind of blah, but higher up very exciting! Wish I could picture the street corridor at that spot and how the podium plays off of Viola.

Why does it look as tall as One Dalton? Even with the renderings isn't it like 150 ft shorter?

Why does it look as tall as One Dalton? Even with the renderings isn't it like 150 ft shorter?

Just the perspective of being about a block closer from both directions.

Developers measure their own buildings in "dick inches".

I am impressed with the first render. It is the first time I have seen a developer admit that Boston has winters.

I am impressed with the first render. It is the first time I have seen a developer admit that Boston has winters.

True. Though I suspect it was more of a "oh crap, they want renders and the river's frozen! Whatever. Just send the intern out with a camera."

I still think this developer is retaining models of 1 Dalton that are shorter than reality. Recall in their early documentation they had 1 Dalton @ about 60' shorter than it really is. It may or may not be intentional, but either way, I think it's 1 Dalt that's too short versus their tower too tall in these images

It is very intentional to show 1 Dalton as bieng no more than about 691'.

Those are the instructions from Building Dept overlords.

Everyone knows the tower is only going 691'. :)

Here's one where they don't look the same height! :rolleyes:

32547049483_8e542b8286_c.jpg

I'm still not a fan of one entire side of this building, but I would be cool with it being built anyway. If someone could just prove that building air rights parcels is possible at all, that'd be win enough in my eyes to overcome the design of that one side.

Its even labeled as 691' in one of the renders. Thats all they're rendering it to, also why it looks shorter than the pru.

Back