MBTA Commuter Rail (Operations, Keolis, & Short Term)

F-Line to Dudley

Reaction score
Awesome news! “The project is expected to take four years to design and five years to build at a cost of about $400 million. Construction funds have not been secured yet.” 9 years? I know this stuff takes a while, but maan thats a long time.
Given the utterly glacial progress on nü-Chelsea Station--which isn't even an in-situ replacement--9 years for 3 stations seems almost generous by their standards.:whistle:

ceo

Reaction score
Awesome news! “The project is expected to take four years to design and five years to build at a cost of about $400 million. Construction funds have not been secured yet.” 9 years? I know this stuff takes a while, but maan thats a long time.
Just to clarify, that estimate is for the third track between Wellesley and Framingham, which also necessitates major work on several stations.

jklo

Reaction score
Just to clarify, that estimate is for the third track between Wellesley and Framingham, which also necessitates major work on several stations.
That's right. The Newton project won't be cheap either. Might have to do 4 elevators per stop. There really isn't much room available on the Pike side either.

Riverside

Reaction score
Any bets on whether the T will institute any new or enhanced services or other changes in response to today's accident on I-93 and the apparently several months of ensuing delays?

On Tuesday, state Department of Transportation officials were urging drivers to steer clear of I-93 and to expect delays on Route 1 south, Route 16, Route 28, and Roosevelt Circle for the next several months due to the work that must be done to fix the bridge.