MBTA Construction Projects

North Station fare gates
1708076460001.png

1708076470968.png

1708076485491.png

https://x.com/johnmcboston/status/1758215483562557944?s=46

OK, hadn't heard that. Of course we can't be sure they aren't putting the panels inside the stations......
Should have included /s -- and of course the panels are right on the units, inside the stations.

Is power in the station required to make the gates operational? Just asking, for a friend.
I'm pretty sure safety regulations would require it to be the opposite -- power is required to keep the gates closed. They should open automatically in a power loss.

[edit]I guess that might not quite answer your question, since operational probably means they can read cards, and open and close. If so, I doubt they are operational, but the default should be for them to open when the electricity is cut.

Not sure if someone has mentioned already but all the construction activity at the former Beacon Park Yard was to reopen a temporary transfer facility for the removal of the contaminated soil from over 100 years of freight operation and 70 years of heavy automobile traffic in preparation for the new neighborhood area that would be built as part of the new I-90 alignment and West Station.

Not sure if someone has mentioned already but all the construction activity at the former Beacon Park Yard was to reopen a temporary transfer facility for the removal of the contaminated soil from over 100 years of freight operation and 70 years of heavy automobile traffic in preparation for the new neighborhood area that would be built as part of the new I-90 alignment and West Station.
The yard soil remediation is a CSX-paid closeout I.O.U. from the great 2009 land swap that they're just getting to 15 years later. No rush because of the state's deadlock on the Pike and Harvard's utter indifference to developing anything here in the near future.

Back