MBTA Construction Projects

F-Line to Dudley

Reaction score
Since Brickbottom (I assume you mean the artists' community) is on the other side of the ROW from what I call the "nostrils", it's unclear to me why they should have been advocating for that to be upgraded. As far as I know there's nothing residential in there.
As I said in the thread tangent 2 weeks ago: "Do Cobble Hill Apts. residents never walk more than 1 block from their front door?" Apparently not, because they never cared. Those folks are likewise needy complainers at all manner of town meetings who get lumped in with the artist lofts as similar voices in same neighborhood. You would think their walksheds getting harshed would stir up a little sentiment given how active they are in other community matters, but apparently not.

ceo

Reaction score
I'm still not sure why Cobble Hill (which is not the same as Brickbottom) residents should care about access to somewhere they have no reason to walk to, other than whatever tiny percentage of them work in the Innerbelt industrial park. I mean yes, the too-narrow, half-assed culvert is definitely a problem, but it's not like there's major pedestrian demand through there.

stefal

Reaction score
Looking like there's potential funding for a rehab of the Longfellow Approach and associated infrastructure at Charles/MGH, or its at least on the docket.