MBTA Construction Projects

Highwayguy

Reaction score
I'm not sure it is quite a 5 week total shutdown; the service alert on that page is worded this way:

It sounds to me like three separate 9-day shutdowns? not sure if that's much better
This is what the link l posted directs you to. Sounds like the messaging for this closure is unambiguous and not at all self-contradictory as per usual…
3BEC4199-A8FC-4467-AC6A-3641CA3C2FEC.png

TrolleybusFoaming

Reaction score
This is what the link l posted directs you to. Sounds like the messaging for this closure is unambiguous and not at all self-contradictory as per usual…
GLT docs from a while ago said three 9 day shutdowns, so I'd imagine that's what's correct.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
The now-rehabbed Orang Line has been reopened for service!! But the D Line will be shut down for a month from Kenmore to Riverside for work, staring this coming Saturday. :eek:

Jahvon09

Reaction score
Yeah, looks like one line after the other will probably be shut down after the other to get things up to par. The T is responsible. It should've been on this work eons ago! :eek:

ulrichomega

Reaction score
Will this include any changes to the track and switch arrangement or is this just a track refresh and update to electronics?
From the project site:
  • Replace the existing signal system
  • Upgrade switches, tracks, and power systems
  • Address settling that has occurred at switch points
  • Replace generators to support power loads required by today’s equipment
So no track changes it seems. Which is a shame, since I'm sure there's optimizations to be made there.

citylover94

Reaction score
That is disappointing their are some tweaks that could be made that would reduce conflicts and allow the T to increase the number of trains per hour the station can handle. Currently because of the track design there is a point where the 9 approach tracks to the station pinch down to only 6 tracks which is done to enable maximal operational flexibility in which almost any platform track connects to any approach track but that limits capacity because it drops 3 tracks of capacity right before the platforms.

Badusername

Reaction score