Status
Not open for further replies.
19/09/08

IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6223.jpg

IMG_6224.jpg

IMG_6225.jpg

Figured I'd post an update, even though it looks basically the same -- but it's been almost a month and a half

DSC_6067.jpg

This is going to look awesome. I know you all think it looks lame, but this is going to look cool.

I forget, are they doing any work on the other side, the 1970s addition, or is that Phase II?

Phase II. Nothing going on on the other side yet. The back is done though :) And lit up red and green at night. I should get a picture.

The "other side" has been renamed. It is now the Linde Family West Wing entrance (pronounced, "Lin-dee" not "Lind").

I like the sound of Lind better than Lin-dee. Sort of like Hyacinth Bucket pronouncing her name as Bouquet.

Ugh. The real news out of the MFA is the hit that some of its major donors took in that NYC hedge fund scandal. Holy crap.

phase II is out for the forseeable future, look for it in 2030 perhaps - it would require a whole new fundraising drive, which the museum isn't going to start anytime soon.
and many of the donors for Phase I haven't pulled through yet, it's getting interesting.

i welcome your desire not to trust that information.

Last edited:
The lawn hasn't been a lawn since at least the Pei addition. The new parking lot replaced an old parking lot. At least the new lighting fixtures and markings are far more attractive in the meantime, as we wait another 15-30 years to get phase III.

2/14:

img7143yr6.jpg

topped out

img7144iu3.jpg

img7145oc4.jpg

looking from the Fenway entrance

img7146wr5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back