• IMG_6312.jpg
    IMG_6312.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6318.jpg
    IMG_6318.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Ragon Building at MGH Tops Out​

“The upcoming Phillip and Susan Ragon Building at Massachusetts General Hospital has officially topped out. The new 17-story state-of-the-art clinical care building will include 482 single-bed inpatient rooms and will be home to the Mass General Cancer Center and the Corrigan Minehan Heart Center.”

Something I dont remember reading before:

“The structure was designed to function ‘as an island’ during a natural disaster and is touted as one of the most progressive healthcare designs of the 21st Century for future climate change and environmental resiliency.”

https://www.bldup.com/posts/ragon-building-at-mgh-tops-out

Something I dont remember reading before:

“The structure was designed to function ‘as an island’ during a natural disaster and is touted as one of the most progressive healthcare designs of the 21st Century for future climate change and environmental resiliency.”
Here's an article from February 2019 with more info:
It's a place where patients and staff could potentially “shelter in place” for four days in the face of disaster. "I think we’re going to be one of the trend setters in terms of what does a modern hospital need today in the City of Boston to withstand any disaster human or natural," Saba said.

I really wasn't expecting something this tall, even with the renders.
I was just typing this. I'm pleasantly surprised by its visual impact, even from across the Charles.

I hadn't quite remembered what this would look like, so when I first saw that reddish cladding I got very excited imagining 300' of that. Now that some of the beige has been added I went back to review the renders and can't help but be disappointed. It sure is a monster for the area though, but very fat and very beige.

Back