MGM Music Hall (née Fenway Theater) | 12 Lansdowne St | Fenway

Since when are SRO's a good thing? Standing for an entire baseball game are you kidding? Its miserable.
I bought SRO at Camden Yards in 2007 for two Sox/O's games and had a blast. Eric Gagne ruined the fun in game one of the series (and nearly did it again in game two) but we had a blast. I loved torturing my O's loving friend.

People are diverse and like and dislike different things. Whats good for one may not be for another, doesnt mean leave out the options. The standing room at Gillette is a massive hit though. Personally I like both. At certain points during games if I can I like to get up and mingle while Im getting food, using the restroom etc.

People are diverse and like and dislike different things. Whats good for one may not be for another, doesnt mean leave out the options. The standing room at Gillette is a massive hit though. Personally I like both. At certain points during games if I can I like to get up and mingle while Im getting food, using the restroom etc.

Well said.

Always be aware of design that leans heavily on banners for its architectural engagement.

Otherwise ... cool.

House of Blues better up their game.

cca

These two venues will not be competing for business. The Fenway theater is at least twice as large as the HOB (5,000 v. 2,400 capacity). They each will be drawing different acts. There really aren't any indoor venues of comparable size in Boston. The closest one I can think if is the Wang at 3,500 capacity.

Always be aware of design that leans heavily on banners for its architectural engagement.

Otherwise ... cool.

cca

The banners seem like an unnecessary attempt to decorate the blank walls. I would rather they are left blank.

The banners seem like an unnecessary attempt to decorate the blank walls. I would rather they are left blank.

It's a theatre! It's in an entertainment area! Banners are festive, they add color and dimension to grab your attention the same way that neon signs and all the new LED light boards do. This is actually a perfect location for banners.

It's a theatre! It's in an entertainment area! Banners are festive, they add color and dimension to grab your attention the same way that neon signs and all the new LED light boards do. This is actually a perfect location for banners.

Was just about to post the same thing. The render shows something that looks exactly how I would expect a theater to look. If built to match, they basically will have created something that, from the outside, looks like it was always there, despite an interior representing state of the art. Kudos to the design team!

I don't know - I feel like the banners contextually fit very well with Fenway Park and its banner lined streets.

I don't know - I feel like the banners contextually fit very well with Fenway Park and its banner lined streets.

Are they lazy or just cheap? I know they're cheap for damn sure. Both seems accurate.

Quick thought- on Lansdowne St how about a large video board for viewing the game going on inside fenway, away games or whatever the hell they want to throw up there? They could close down Lansdowne and have tables/areas for the bars/red sox to sell food/drinks

Banners are lazy.

cca

Suggestions to draw interest other than banners/video boards, murals? Having said that, looking closer at the rendering, the banners could possibly be some sort of LED panels.

if you're all talking about the vertical "fenway" signage on either side, yeah -- that's obviously lit-up signage.

i've been looking at the renders ever since people started on about how "banners are lazy" and they're leaning too heavily on banners etc. i coudn't figure out what on earth was being discussed. those are clearly not banners.

if you're all talking about the vertical "fenway" signage on either side, yeah -- that's obviously lit-up signage.

i've been looking at the renders ever since people started on about how "banners are lazy" and they're leaning too heavily on banners etc. i coudn't figure out what on earth was being discussed. those are clearly not banners.

Behind the lit "FENWAY" signage:

XDCAANh.jpg

If the banners are the biggest problem we can find with this theater, then the project's a win.

Suggestions to draw interest other than banners/video boards, murals? Having said that, looking closer at the rendering, the banners could possibly be some sort of LED panels.

Better facade design.

cca

Back