MGM Music Hall (née Fenway Theater) | 12 Lansdowne St | Fenway

Last edited:
Killer
801F2949-CC5D-4A61-82F1-B782A30AB0FD.jpeg
75BE4A69-BCCF-408C-B65F-91F87D52B4C5.jpeg

The one issue with this brick is that it seems to be all stretchers. The rest of Fenway Park is common bond, which is one header course and five stretcher courses.

Random pet peeve of mine - I hate when the stadium billboards aren’t clean. They look so much better with one solid color and simple logos (for example: the Ford logo above the new Truly terrace). What I can’t stand is on the other side the “ClearResult” with the two colors and small font below it - makes it look all messy.

Citi Field in Queens was THE WORST with this but has since changed
A3C8A2DD-498C-4FDC-BCC4-7D345557BC54.jpeg

Lil Nas X announced his tour dates this morning. His Boston show will be at the MGM Music Hall. Is this one of the first events that will take place at the venue?

13 shows announced so far.

SEP 3 Dalton and the Sheriffs
SEP 13 Bauhaus
SEP 14 Porcupine Tree Closure / Continuation
SEP 15 Rosalía: MOTOMAMI WORLD TOUR
SEP 18 Lil Nas X - Long Live Montero
SEP 22 Lady A: Request Line Tour
SEP 23 COIN: Uncanny Valley Tour
SEP 30 The B-52s
OCT 4 The Gaslight Anthem w/ Special Guest Jeff Rosenstock
OCT 21 SABATON - The Tour to End All Tours
OCT 25 Mt. Joy
NOV 26 Måneskin: The Loud Kids Tour
DEC 16 deadmau5 presents We Are Friends Tour

The one issue with this brick is that it seems to be all stretchers. The rest of Fenway Park is common bond, which is one header course and five stretcher courses.
It is interesting that they chose not to replicate that pattern, but the way I look at it, is it is two separate buildings, built 110 years apart, but with the second one meant to evoke the same era. If they had both been built around the same time, it's pretty likely different architects would have opted for different patterns in order to make each building distinct. Regardless, the masonry looks fantastic, and is not something we see done much any more.

Back