Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Filene's

I finally got back to Maine to check the Chronicle recording. They said One Franklin retail is 65 % lease. Zara, Godiva Chocolates, Club Monaco were mentioned.

Welcome to Kensington Part II

For what it is worth, both machines were still on site today and one was active.

what a freaking disaster this is. Looks like we now have two options. (1) a hole in Downtown Crossing for the foreseeable future or (2) a significantly scaled down project that is a shadow (he he) of its former self. Actually, we may see both things happen. Unreal. The sad part is a lot of the businesses depend on the foot traffic that Filene's Basement brought. Like it or not, that Filene's Basement is a huge destination for foreign and domestic visitors. Now there is really no reason for tourists to stop in Downtown Crossing.

I predict a massive and successful lawsuit from Filene's Basement. The developer has breached their long-term pre-existing lease and made their space unusable.

Quick, someone get Christo to build a giant tent over the site.

This is inexcusable. Pelham was at least partly right when he said Hynes would ask for tax money.... Hynes diction clearly indicatated that to me... I don't know the specific arguments, but the City of Boston or Filene's Basement needs to do something.

This intersection is top 5 in the city, bar none and this just cannot be allowed PERIOD. No further argument needed.

As much as I agree with SC&L arguments. This should get a stronger argument out of this forum's members considering there's a hole in the middle of one of the most important districts in Boston.

I predict a massive and successful lawsuit from Filene's Basement. The developer has breached their long-term pre-existing lease and made their space unusable.

unless the lease agreement has a financing contingency clause but I doubt Filene's Basement would have signed such a lease....

I'm packing up and closing down.

I give up.

See you in two years when this bloodbath is over.

Oh, wait, why didn't anyone come up with this headline:

"One Franklin on hold; developer looks for more Benjamins"

Scotty Van Voorhis, how we miss you!

Okay -- can someone please tell what a completion bond is?

HOW CAN THIS CITY ALLOW BUILDERS TO START WITHOUT ALL OF THEIR FINANCING IN PLACE?

is there any silver lining/ any reason to be hopeful, or is this just as bad as it gets? Could the significance of this project any reason to hope for help from elsewhere?

Okay -- can someone please tell what a completion bond is?

HOW CAN THIS CITY ALLOW BUILDERS TO START WITHOUT ALL OF THEIR FINANCING IN PLACE?

Isnt waterside place in Chicago stopped halfway through due to cash?

I guess thats our consolation. It isnt just Boston

P1050788.jpg

P1120492_3_4.jpg

The crew has gone home and the equipment is going away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back