Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
ejdxqTb.jpg

send that to 45 management...they're close to sold out but the publicity would be nuts if they ever did this. one can dream.

This thing is really starting to take shape. Looking forward to seeing where it is come September.

whales are cool
they swim in schools....
save the whales
save your soul

Giant Squid:
  • they eat whales
  • can change their color scheme in real-time -- I'd like to see a whale do that
  • have bigger more expressive eyes
  • may have a bigger brain
  • very few murals of them

sperm_whale_vs_giant_squid-111.jpg

Looking forward to the day when the top of the structure won't be visible in this frame. This is gonna be huge.

You can already see the top of the structure from Mem Dr. near to MIT -- Soon the glass will start to be visible from Mem Dr. -- then it will be time to party

Giant squid have never really recovered from all the bad press they got from 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (Disney-1954)

Might I suggest we move this excellent discussion to the existing 'Squid vs. Whale' thread?

This is actually the exact opposite of what happens. Sperm whales eat giant squid. Giant squid feed off of smaller fish and other, smaller squid.

Fenway -- Perhaps it goes both ways ;)

All we have for real evidence is squid in the stomachs of Sperm Whales

We have so few giant squid samples [handful] that to characterize their diets is just pure conjecture based on using the smaller much more plentiful squid as a model

I still think that a Giant Squid presented on a Huge OLED sheet with animation would be amazing
  • the display begins with the squid relatively flat form at the bottom
  • transforms itself from into a streamlined linear form
  • rockets to the top of the building spewing forth a kaleidoscope of water
  • the panel then becomes abstract and then the cycle repeats

This is the best thing ever.

Also, sperm whale was the nickname of this girl in my highschool.

To hell with the squid. You can keep the LED, just make it a continuous wacky wall walker tumbling down.... then splat. back at the top.

ani1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back