MIT East Campus - Kendall Square Gateway | Cambridge

Very busy at Bld#3 site. Slurry walls going in. This is the one behind the clock tower​ building.

This work is really garage work. Separate project that spans all three sites (buildings 3, 4, & 5) and well beyond the limits of those buildings. However, they will go up down with building 3 and the garage when the building gets going.

I spent seven years working right there in Kendall, I never thought I'd see that Cambridge Trust building go.

I spent seven years working right there in Kendall, I never thought I'd see that Cambridge Trust building go.

I like the clock, and would love to see it relocated to the new location.

Movers are working at the soon-to-be-former Cambridge Trust branch today.

The old Cambridge Trust Co. building on Main St. is now completely demolished. They appear to be preserving the clock, though. It is wrapped in wood sheathing.

I assume they'll move the clock to the new location. All Cambridge Trust branches have a clock like that out front.

Using the vault door to demolish the vault itself is a creative approach.

Need to find a better hosting location, now that Photobucket has become useless.

Need to find a better hosting location, now that Photobucket has become useless.

Flickr offers a FREE terabyte and better posting options than Photobucket. I made the switch about a year ago.

Wait, is the dorm approved? And also, I can't remember, does the garage need to be finished before the dorm can go up?

Wait, is the dorm approved? And also, I can't remember, does the garage need to be finished before the dorm can go up?

They'll be doing up/down construction on 3, so I would assume on 4 (the dorm) as well as it's the same GC. 4 is a little different as it is mostly built above the existing buildings to remain, so it might not really be up/down or garage dependent at all.

I expect building 3 to be topping out while they are excavating the lowest level of the garage.

No idea about building 4's approval.

Back