MIT Stephen A. Schwarzman College of Computing | Kendall Square | Cambridge

Schwartzman.JPG

I never really noticed that there’s an ‘extra’ section of glass that just extends beyond the side wall. I believe it happens on both sides (and maybe the central entry setback. What’s up with this? Purely aesthetic? Make it look more like planes of glass and not a glass box?

EA3321B3-C0F4-4D2F-A2A1-56F0D874E523.jpeg
6BDC0F4A-85A2-40F8-94F2-11D9DAF5ED9F.jpeg

I never really noticed that there’s an ‘extra’ section of glass that just extends beyond the side wall. I believe it happens on both sides (and maybe the central entry setback. What’s up with this? Purely aesthetic? Make it look more like planes of glass and not a glass box?

Pretty sure the endgame is to depopulate Cambridge of its nefarious bird population.

They ordered too much curtainwall and said "F-it, throw it up there"
Actually the façade supplier had an "arrangement" with the developer.

You say you need 80,000 sq. ft.? Whatta ya say we round that up to an even 100 thou, and you throw that into the bid.

Its cool, but I feel like they are missing the hat trick with the glass on the recessed part in the middle. Maybe there is still film on it but that greenish color isn't my favor and it is also just a little too much glass... would have been nice to have a contrasting texture. Still a small quibble, I think its pretty cool!

Back