MIT Stephen A. Schwarzman College of Computing | Kendall Square | Cambridge

I really wish cambridge would have protected the space above the row in case its determined that an elevated green line extension would be worth it or not here.

Vassar St has some of our most interesting recent architecture. Architect's row?

Steel going vertical as of today (3/15):

scc-77.jpg

Today (5/20):

scc-99-1.jpg

Also, interesting how the structure for the building's central staircase protrudes into the air space over/near the grand junction RR (I'm sure they have approval for this, but nonetheless it surprised me):
scc-111-png.21653

scc-99-2.jpg

I think this one is going to turn out to be a lot more visually pleasing than the renderings let on.

The intellectual/innovation brainpower in this one square mile is just unreal...

This morning (7/11). Fishscale glass holder framing is starting to go in:

scc-88-99.jpg

scc-88-100.jpg

Recall from upthread (e.g., post #46):
mit_college_of_computing_front_street_view-png.9440

^Also, the main front entryway features huge individual panes of glass, which went in last week and are covered over in white tarps in my first shot above. You can see them in this render immediately above here.

This building is deceptively more complex that it might appear at quick glance. "Devil's in the details" certianly seems to apply here.

Last edited:
This morning (7/11). Fishscale glass holder framing is starting to go in:

View attachment 26303
View attachment 26304

Recall from upthread (e.g., post #46):
mit_college_of_computing_front_street_view-png.9440

^Also, the main front entryway features huge individual panes of glass, which went in last week and are covered over in white tarps in my first shot above. You can see them in this render immediately above here.

This building is deceptively more complex that it might appear at quick glance. "Devil's in the details" certianly seems to apply here.

does that render portend an Apple store future for all those that study/work here?

Back