Mod Bait (at your own risk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is with Arlington saying "do nothing... Democrats" -a core Trumpism. Not sorry that's not cool in my book. And calling Baker "pragmatic" when the man hasn't done a thing in 5 years and just decided in the last six months to wake up and do something after enough people yelled at the top of their lungs about the transportation. Most people on this forum seem cognizant not to bring up politics out of respect for others, I guess the moderators think they're above that.

I couldn't disagree more with people who think it's asinine to ask moderators not to talk politics or be trolls. It seems obvious you're supposed to be in a role of supporting the forum, not perpetuating your own views. Being impartial, seems to me, to be a good idea as people wont question why you're making the moves you are, they will trust your decision without a second thought.

Also, moving posts and naming the thread (at your own risk) is the definition of at least threatening 'my way or the highway'.

My problem is with Arlington saying "do nothing... Democrats" -a core Trumpism.
If you work the ellipses hard enough, yea, sure my words can be twisted to trigger just about anybody, including Thomas Dewey and Robert Taft Republicans triggered because "Do Nothing Congress" is Truman's 1948 slander/slogan for the 80th Congress.

But that is not what I said. If you think that by applying ellipses you've read something profound in my politics, all I'll say is that it would be hard for you to be more wrong.

On the specific issue of adding tolled highway lanes and identifying new funding sources for rail it is objectively true that they've chosen: to do nothing and that this is a notable contrast to what's been achieved in a purple/swingy Virginia.

I think the mods have gotten a bit heavy-handed since the site change... not in the sense that I think they're biased politically but I don't like the constant juggling of posts around threads at all so that it fits whatever the moderators belief the narrative is rather than the original posters. Please stop mucking with the user-generated content. Just because you don't like where some inserted an opinion about something does not mean it should be moved to a more "appropriate" location.

This forum functioned for over a decade with barely any kind of moderation. Keep the trolls out but let the content stay organic.

Mostly my efforts have gone into re-molding and breaking up the old neighborhood threads into threads for specific projects. Sometimes I move shitpost snarking to the Please Stop thread. If I've done what I've bolded in your quote it might have been a little while ago, but I haven't really been do that much recently.

To your second point, this is what I'm talking about. There's different sorts of feedback we're getting on what moderation should be. As far as I'm concerned we've been pretty light-handed, which is something that some people are complaining about. Like I said, glad to talk about it, but clearly there are some preconceptions, misconceptions, &ct that need to be ironed out.

My problem is with Arlington saying "do nothing... Democrats" -a core Trumpism. Not sorry that's not cool in my book. And calling Baker "pragmatic" when the man hasn't done a thing in 5 years and just decided in the last six months to wake up and do something after enough people yelled at the top of their lungs about the transportation. Most people on this forum seem cognizant not to bring up politics out of respect for others, I guess the moderators think they're above that.

You're doing a lot of work to read between the lines there in order to make Arlington's adjective-use objectionable. I still have a hard time seeing the post that started all of this being overly political.

I couldn't disagree more with people who think it's asinine to ask moderators not to talk politics or be trolls. It seems obvious you're supposed to be in a role of supporting the forum, not perpetuating your own views. Being impartial, seems to me, to be a good idea as people wont question why you're making the moves you are, they will trust your decision without a second thought.

Arlington and I have both expressed that we don't see it that way, and it's not how the role was billed to us. You are welcome to make a thread in "Board Issues" and ask Skyrise Cities to make a ruling.

Also, moving posts and naming the thread (at your own risk) is the definition of at least threatening 'my way or the highway'.

Dude, if you had simply expressed your thoughts in a thoughtful way without shitposting directly at the mods I wouldn't have done that. Many people are saying that the mods should more liberal with regard to axing folks who shitpost. Did I include an implicit thread in the title? Yes. Because you should know better than to shitpost moderators. Again, if you don't like the way we're behaving and/or moderating, make a thread in the right place and lay out your argument in a civil way.

EDIT: Locking this down. If folks have concerns or distaste for the way the forum is being moderated, make a thread in "Board Issues", or DM the mod in question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back