Name these US Airports from above

Portlander

Reaction score
Image 8-1-23 at 1.03 PM 2.jpg

Cosakita had a great idea and I decided to give it a separate thread for those of us who are into this airport stuff! This bird's eye view shows an airport that is smaller (enplanements) than PWM, of course it's more modern and has a few more jetways, a 10,000 foot runway and is currently served by 5 airlines.

Last edited:
You need to get a few wrong Ben or others won't want to play! :)

This terminal at a mid-sized airport is used exclusively by one airline, and your wait for a connecting flight won't feature any lounges or dining options.

1690909620028.png

Image 8-1-23 at 1.11 PM.jpg

This airport has a 9,000 foot runway, is served by 9 airlines and the city and region it serves has featured on network TV quite often during the past few years.

View attachment 41087
This airport has a 9,000 foot runway, is served by 9 airlines and the city and region it serves has featured on network TV quite often during the past few years.

This would be Bozeman / Yellowstone airport in Montana.

If we think PWM has grown a lot in the past few years....BZN has exploded. Its annual passenger numbers have almost doubled in a few years and it now has seasonal service to multiple east coast cities.

The vast majority of BZN's growth has been fueled by leisure travel, but BZN has a bit more "year round" tourism appeal than Portland (particularly as a gateway for winter skiing)

Never knew this place existed which is probably a good thing and pretty clever on Cosakita's part. Do I need to change the thread name to US "Commercial" Airports from above! ;)

Last edited:
With service from 11 airlines and about 3.6 million annual passengers in 2022, This airport could be a potential Breezy winter destination from PWM.

1690915906508.png

Last edited:
One of my favorites, Savannah/Hilton Head International. And I've always preferred the city of Savannah over Charleston but it would be great to have service to both markets.

Image 8-1-23 at 3.13 PM.jpg

Busiest commercial airport in the state and EMAS equipped for good reason!

Image 8-1-23 at 3.20 PM.jpg

Busiest commercial airport in a three state region and you can get there from here most of the time! The rectangle section just above the Gate 1 and 2 jetway connection points was the original terminal from 1968. The indented portion just to the right with the two levels of windows is where the concourse will eventually be extended to the east and will basically close in that gap and add two new loading bridges.

Last edited:
Despite only handling about a million passengers per year, this airport see's seasonal transatlantic service to Frankfurt

1690925828277.png

Image 8-1-23 at 6.15 PM.jpg

This airport is a little busier than BGR but the city is really known more for it's history with rails instead of runways! Be on the lookout for a two gate expansion in the near future.

Last edited:
View attachment 41115
This airport is a little busier than BGR but the city is really known more for it's history with rails instead of runways! Be on the lookout for a two gate expansion in the near future.

The Allegiant plane at the gate gave this away as CHA - Chattanooga, TN. famous hub for the Southern Railway and still a major freight hub for NS and CSX
(And yes in this case it's Southern railWAY not railROAD. The Southern modeled itself after the Southern Railway of Britain)

Last edited:
The rail connection was actually for the famous "Chattanooga Choo Choo" song and downtown museum and I added "lookout" as a clue for Lookout Mountain which is a big tourist draw.

D02776FA-B8E6-4E05-BC6F-BC42182394DB.jpeg

I’ll jump in on this!
States only commercial airport with 1 carrier currently. 3 total aircraft spaces for the ULCC that serves here. Not much of a terminal to speak of for the only commercial airport in the state.

Back