New Boston Tea Party Site

bostonman

Reaction score
I was walking in Boston today, and I went by the Boston Tea Party site. The area is currently a dump, and I was surprised to see that there was a banner stating that redevelopment on a new Boston Tea Party museum was going to start "soon". No idea on an exact date. I will post some pics tomorrow.

That proposal has been around for awhile, don't expect any work to be done until the Congress Street Bridge has been fully restored.

Here is the banner. Not a hint of any work being done. The structure looked even more trashed than I remember it being.

TeaParty-01.jpg

you sure? It was over by the tea party away from RW,I'll ck thou thanks!

^ went by there today,sadly you were right! I was hopeing they were starting to rebuild this site.

Last edited:
Damn, it's too bad they're stalling on this. It looks like a great place to get hammered.

There is to be a "Tea Room", dunno bout a bar.

I think I also saw some type of restaurant in the floor plans, but some reason saw it as a small time place that kids could eat at on school field trips.

Brown bag, or will there be a bar in it?

If what Seamus says is accurate, I guess I'll have to brown bag it. It seems like a perfect spot for a bar...maybe they're worried about people like me getting too drunk and falling into the harbor?

Maybe if they don't serve alcohol there, we should once again make this a site of protest and throw all the tea they have into the harbor (without a care about what it would do to the Fenway Flounder) until they agree to serve alcohol.

I think they should scrap it all together, and just build a nice monument or plaque or plaza, and keep the boat nicely maintained for people to look at. So many museums I hear about seem like such half-ass ideas, they're never worth it.

Back