New England Revolution Stadium | 173 Alford Street | Boston-Everett

Re: Somerville Soccer Stadium

In related news, Liverpool/Roma at Fenway this summer.

In related news, Liverpool/Roma at Fenway this summer.

This match will have zero issues selling out. I enjoy reading all the comments on Boston.com and Bostonherald.com from people making fun of soccer, saying Henry is an idiot, playing soccer at Fenway is a waste, etc.

John Henry is not in the habit of doing events that don't sell out.

Celtic/Sporting Lisbon sold out when they had it at Fenway a couple of summers ago. There's no way LFC/ASR doesn't do the same, if not even quicker.

Agree. It's amazing how many immigrant soccer fans live/work in Boston be it Central or South Americans or Romanian and other former Communist countries.

My one request if the Revs move to Somerville is that they change their name to Somer Villa.

Brickbottom/Inner Belt would be logistically difficult compared to Assembly Square, where land has already been cleared where IKEA had planned to go.

MLS is going to forcibly take the Revolution away from Kraft before an urban SSS gets built in or near Boston.

I'm taking this with several very large grains of salt.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the land mentioned in the article has already been sold to someone else.

And I was also under the impression that the Krafts were looking at a parcel closer to the Lowes.

It's hard to take the article seriously when they throw a colon into the middle of their headline for no reason. ;)

MLS is going to forcibly take the Revolution away from Kraft before an urban SSS gets built in or near Boston.

Wait, are you suggesting that MLS is against an urban Revs soccer stadium, or just that the odds of one being built are that wildly unlikely?

It's hard to take the article seriously when they throw a colon into the middle of their headline for no reason. ;)

Indeed, also considering that half way down it basically becomes a wiki article for Bob Kraft.

In all seriousness tho, I do hope this gets done, it would be great for the boston area. A relatively cheap event to go to, and as long as it is accessible directly from a subway line, I think people would absolutely go. The amount of college students and immigrant population in the area, I think the stadium would do quite well.

Hmph, interesting, to say the least, how they actually named a street at Assembly Row "Revolution Dr."

Wait, are you suggesting that MLS is against an urban Revs soccer stadium, or just that the odds of one being built are that wildly unlikely?
My guess is the latter.

There's a large segment of Revolution fans that believe the Krafts have no intention of moving the team out of Foxboro.

16 months old, but possibly relevent?

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/real_estate/2012/10/revolution-considering-assembly-square.html

In a statement, Brian Bilello, president of the New England Revolution, said: “I can confirm that we are still in communication with Somerville officials about potential stadium locations in their city, including the possibility of a facility in Assembly Square, which is an attractive site for development with its significant transportation infrastructure and proximity to downtown Boston.”

Back